Dr. Rajesh Shenava is a nephrologist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Shenava specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Shenava most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Kasturba Medical College, India Medical
Kasturba Medical College Mangalore 1993
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- University of Kansas Affiliated Hospitals 2006
- University of Kansas (Wichita) Program
- Tulane University School of Medicine 2008
Dr. Rajesh Gopal Shenava M.D's Practice location
Houston, TX 77008Get Direction
Dr. Rajesh Gopal Shenava M.D's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- How to Prevent UTIs
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common infection in any part of the urinary or renal system (urethra, ureters, bladder, and kidneys). In fact, it is the second most common type of infection among adults. Besides being responsible for over 8 million visits to healthcare professionals every year,...
- Vertigo: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Vertigo is a fairly common condition that causes an individual to feel as if their head is spinning and he or she becomes dizzy. It is usually temporary, only for a few seconds to minutes, occurring only when you make sudden head movements, but sometimes it can be so severe that it begins to...
- Will My Kidney Stones Result in Future Kidney Problems?
A kidney stone is a condition that occurs when the minerals and salts present in the urine become concentrated in high levels and eventually tend to crystallize. These crystallized formations can be seen as stones, and they often stick together. Kidney stones mostly form in the kidney. They start as...
- Namrata Sharma Goel7015 Almeda Rd Houston TX 77054
- Dr. Joshua A. Samuels M.D.6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Pinakin R Patel MD1170 Blalock Rd Houston TX 77055
- Dr. Rupal S. Patel M.D.7015 Almeda Houston TX 77054
- Mr. Henry Muniz MD8876 Gulf Fwy Houston TX 77017
- Mr. Eric J Faust MD8876 Gulf Fwy Houston TX 77017