Dr. Jason Kurek is a podiatrist practicing in Southfield, MI. Dr. Kurek is a medical doctor specializing in the treatment of the foot , ankle and related parts of the leg. As a podiatrist, Dr. Kurek diagnoses and treats conditions of the feet. The feet are key body parts that give a person stability, absorb shock, allow for walking and standing and are necessary for overall well-being. So, the feet need expert care. Podiatrists can specialize in surgery, wound care, sports medicine, diabetic care and pediatrics.
Education and Training
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences Medicine
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Ankle Problems, Ingrown Toenails, Musculoskeletal Surgery And More
- MemberHenry Ford Medical Group
Dr. Jason Bernard james Kurek DPM's Practice location
Southfield, MI 48075Get Direction
Dr. Jason Bernard james Kurek DPM's reviewsWrite Review
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- What Are Bunions?
A bunion is a small bony projection found at the joint of the toe on the foot. These are formed when the toe pushes against the other toes. This causes the joint to have an abnormal profile, which enlarges over a period of time. The big joint crowds the other toes of the foot resulting in pain. As...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- What Is a Heel Spur?
A heel spur refers to a small, pointed calcaneus outgrowth from the underside of the heel. The outgrowth may be seen under the heel or at the back of the heel. Both conditions may remain painless, or it can cause pain while pressure is applied to the ball of the foot.Patients may not have any...
- Being Diagnosed with Diabetes
The disease begins with a feeling of increased thirst, urination or unexplained weight changes. These symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor so as to get your blood sugar tested. If the blood sugar level is more than 200 mg/dL, consider performing a sugar test. If you are unsure of the...
- Ingrown Toenail Removal and Treatment
What Is an Ingrown Toenail?Ingrown toenail is the layman’s term for the medical ailment called onychocryptosis or unguis incarnatus. This is a common and painful condition that usually occurs at the end or on the outer side of the big toe. However, any toenail can still become ingrown. They...
- Dr. Barbara Lawana Norvell D.P.M.16200 W 9 mile Rd Southfield MI 48075
- Dr. Bruce Ian Kaczander DPM24725 W 12 Mile Rd Southfield MI 48034
- Dr. Steven Michael Zavinsky DPM1 William Carls Dr Commerce Township MI 48382
- Dr. Peter Paul Galea DMP14555 Levan Rd Livonia MI 48154
- Dr. Stefano Matthew Militello D.P.M.12000 E 12 Mile Rd Warren MI 48093
- Dr. Stuart J Wertheimer DPM22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe MI 48236