Dr. Francis Macmillan is a gastroenterologist practicing in Haverhill, MA. Dr. Macmillan specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Macmillan performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Dr. Francis P. Macmillan M.D.'s Practice location
Haverhill, MA 01830Get Direction
Dr. Francis P. Macmillan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is IBS Linked to Back Pain?
Irritable bowel syndrome is a common gastrointestinal disorder, which is usually characterized by common symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, gas, constipation, and diarrhea. People suffering from the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) most often report unique symptoms that don’t seem to be...
- This Oral Bacteria Might Be Partially Responsible for Crohn’s
Recent research has indicated that antibiotic-resistant forms of a bacteria known as Klebsiella may be playing a role in causing the chronic inflammation of the intestinal tract. This information comes from a recent study entitled “Ectopic colonization’s of oral bacteria in the intestine drives...
- Study Reveals Fructan Causes Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity
Nowadays, it's very common to see a lot of food items in the grocery store claim to be “gluten-free.” Some restaurants also entice their customers by claiming that they serve dishes without gluten in them. And, other times, it's also possible to hear some people ask the local bakeries if they...
- The Stress and Anxiety Behind Crohn's and Colitis
It’s no news flash that stress and anxiety can play a major role in health. From raising blood pressure to having a negative impact on a person’s ability to sleep, anxiety and too much stress, especially the wrong kind of stress, can cause a host of different problems for your health. It’s...
- How to Get Rid of Your Bloated Belly
Abdominal bloating can affect your looks and cause considerable discomfort. But according to experts, abdominal bloating can be controlled and avoided easily. Abdominal bloating does not refer to the extra pounds of fat stored in the abdomen, but the temporary distension that affects from...
- Why Each Colitis Treatment Is Different for Everyone
To endure Colitis is to be tougher than nails. Nobody wants their strength tested in this way. The good news is that many people diagnosed can achieve remission with the variety of treatments available.The not-as-great news is that it can take some juggling by doctors to achieve the exact...
- Dr. Alain Ades M.D.3 Alumni Dr Exeter NH 03833
- Dr. John Gerald Dowd D.O.100 Hitchcock Way Manchester New Hampshire 03104
- Dr. Stella Y Chow M.D.One Essex Center Drive Peabody MA 01960
- Dr. Gary M Lopes M.D.1611 Cambridge St Cambridge MA 02138
- Dr. Ahmer Ibrahim M.D.260 Merrimac St Newburyport MA 01950
- Dr. Kenneth Shieh M.D.100 Cummings Ctr Beverly MA 01915