Dr. Toby Lewis practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Ann Arbor, MI. Dr. Lewis treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medicine Research, Pondicherry University 1993
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Community action against asthma: examining the partnership process of a community-based participatory research project.
- Use of a respiratory clinical score among different providers.
- Parental management of asthma triggers within a child's environment.
- Evaluation of Community Action Against Asthma: a community health worker intervention to improve children's asthma-related health by reducing household environmental triggers for asthma.
- Hospital utilization and costs among children with influenza, 2003.
- Continuity of prescribers of short-acting beta agonists among children with asthma.
- RACE AND THE DISTRIBUTION OF SOCIAL AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL RISK: A Case Example from the Detroit Metropolitan Area.
- Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Pediatric Pulmonology; Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital & Medical Center, Pediatrics, WA 1996
- Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine, Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center 1999
Dr. Toby C Lewis MD's Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48109Get Direction
Dr. Toby C Lewis MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic fibrosis is a life-threatening, inherited disorder, which affects the secretory glands producing mucus and sweat. Fluids secreted by the glands are usually thin. In this disease, the secretions become thick and sticky and block all passageways and ducts, particularly of the lungs and...
- The History of Cystic Fibrosis
What is cystic fibrosis?It is a genetic disease that affects both young children and adults. It mainly affects the lungs and the digestive system. When a child inherits two copies of the genes responsible for cystic fibrosis, the child develops the disease.The complications associated with the...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- What is Lung Cancer? Get the Facts
The Nature of Cancerous CellsEvery cell in the human body is programmed to carry out a specific role. For example, a red blood cell carries oxygen to tissues, a white blood cell wards off infection, and an intestinal cell absorbs nutrients in the digestive tract. All these cells are programmed to...
- What Is Bibasilar Atelectasis?
IntroductionOur lungs are one of the hardest working organs in the body. Each minute, our lungs expand and contract up to 20 times. This is done to exchange carbon dioxide with oxygen. An obstruction in this process is called as bibasilar atelectasis, which is a life-threatening condition. It...
- RSV Symptoms
What is RSV?RSV or respiratory syncytial virus is a common virus that usually affects the respiratory tract. It can cause colds in adults and older children, but may cause serious lung infections, such as pneumonia or bronchiolitis in babies and immunocompromised individuals. CausesRSV is only...
- Dr. Marc B Hershenson MD1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Carey Nien-kai Lumeng MD, PHD1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Wan Chong Tsai MD1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Samya Z Nasr MB BCH1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Martin E Hurwitz MD3535 W 13 Mile Rd Royal Oak MI 48073
- Dr. Amy Goldstein Filbrun MD1500 East Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109