Dr. Karen Demoss is a psychologist practicing in Lexington, KY. Dr. Demoss specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Demoss evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Demoss because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Karen L. Demoss PH.D.'s Practice location
Lexington, KY 40504Get Direction
Lexington, KY 40503Get Direction
Dr. Karen L. Demoss PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- First Place Opens, Allowing Adults With Autism to Gain Independence
Denise D. Resnik and her husband were given a choice when they discovered that their son Matthew had autism: to institutionalize their son as the doctor had recommended, or to love and care for him in the comfort of their own home with a commitment to endless support. Their journey started there and...
- What Is Intrinsic Motivation?
Intrinsic motivation is a type of behavior, which is driven or fueled by internal rewards. It involves engaging in a behavior, in which a person finds it as personally rewarding. Essentially, a person performs an activity not to receive external rewards, but for his or her own...
- What Is Polyamory?
What does "polyamorous" mean?"Polyamorous" is a neologism derived from the English term "polyamory," and is a word composed of poly (Greek for "many") and amor (Latin for "love"). To mix Greek and Latin roots in one word is considered by some a mistake, but there are a number of common words,...
- Autism: Why It's Important to Consider Identity-First Language
When discussing autism, it’s easy to get caught up in conversations about genetics and DNA that can often feel detached from the everyday experiences of people with autism. The research being done in these areas and the discussions that surround them are undoubtedly important. New studies and data...
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- Dr. Colby Rebecca Cohen-archer PHD2365 Harrodsburg Rd Lexington KY 40503
- Dr. Caitlin Nmi Allen PH.D.73 Riverwalk Pl Memphis TN 38103
- Dr. Edward Owsley Marshall PH.D.460 Marblerock Way Lexington KY 40503
- Dr. William J. Meegan PH.D.637 Sayre Ave Lexington KY 40508
- Anita Lakes LPA300 Foxglove Dr Mount Sterling KY 40353
- Susan Gaffield MS3470 Blazer Pkwy Lexington KY 40509