Dr. Howard A Katzman M.D.
Ophthalmologist1485 E 3900 S Suite 104 Salt Lake City UT, 84124
Dr. Howard Katzman is an ophthalmologist practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Katzman specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Katzman can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Katzman can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1976
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Ophthalmology; Med Ctr La New Orleans-Lsu, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Tulane University Hospital and Clinics
- LSU HEALTH SCIENCES
Dr. Howard A Katzman M.D.'s Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84124Get Direction
Dr. Howard A Katzman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Katzman
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatment Options for Blepharitis?
Blepharitis refers to the inflammation of the eyelid resulting in red and itchy eyes. This is a very common eye condition and can affect people of all age groups. It is not a very serious condition and will not affect one's vision in the future. Yet, blepharitis can be very uncomfortable and...
- Tips For Living with Cataracts
Several vision issues that are related to aging can be solved by practical approaches like more illumination when reading or fixing poor lighting conditions in your home.When you grow to over 60 years of age, you may require more lighting for most indoor and outdoor activities. This is caused by the...
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Dangerous?
Lasik or laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis employs a laser beam to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. These are refractive errors that result from distortions in the curvature of the cornea of the eye. Lasik selectively peels away layers of stromal cells that constitute the...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lasik Eye Surgery
Nearsightedness or myopia, farsightedness or hyperopia and astigmatism or blurred vision are collectively referred as refractive disorders which commonly affect the eyes. They occur as a consequence of disease, injury or progressive aging. The weakening of the eye lens and lengthening or shortening...
- Dr. Rachel S. Benator M.D.1025 East 3300 Street Salt Lake City Utah 84106
- Dr. Adam M Bowman MD1548 East 4500 South Salt Lake City UT 84117
- Dr. Alan S. Crandall MD4400 S 700 E SALT LAKE CITY UT 84107
- Dr. Brian R Davis MD1325 W South Jordan Pkwy South Jordan UT 84095
- Dr. Charles Chang hee Kim M.D.11370 Anderson St Loma Linda CA 92354
- Dr. Nick Mamalis MDMoran Eye Ctr Salt Lake City UT 84132