Dr. David Paulson practices Neurological Surgery in Galveston, TX. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Paulson prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Dr. David Paul Paulson M.D.'s Practice location
Galveston, TX 77550Get Direction
ANCHORAGE, AK 99508Get Direction
Dr. David Paul Paulson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Dr. Joel T Patterson M.D.301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Bobbye Jo Thompson M.D.161 Fort Washington Ave New York NY 10032
- Dr. Jaime Gasco-tamarit MDUtmb John Sealy Annex Galveston TX 77555
- Ken Maynard M.D.301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Erick Guillermo Garcia M.D.9. 204 John Sealy Annex L08152 Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Sohum Desai M.D.301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555