Dr. James Schumaker is a family practitioner practicing in Madison, WI. Dr. Schumaker specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Schumaker possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Wi Med Sch, Madison Wi 1978
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Stanislaus Med Ctr, Family Medicine; Fam Prac Res Of Idaho Inc, Family Medicine
Dr. James D Schumaker MD's Practice location
Dr. James D Schumaker MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schumaker
- What Is a Yeast Infection of the Skin?
IntroductionThe most common type of yeast infection in the skin is candidiasis, which is caused by Candida species. There are more than 20 Candida species that exist, and the most common among them is Candida albicans. These fungi may also occasionally cause infections. Below are some of the...
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- Home Remedies for Oral Candidiasis
Oral thrush or oral candidiasis is an infection of the mouth caused by the fungus, Candida. This fungus is also known as yeast. It is normal for Candida organisms to live in our bodies since they are generally harmless. However, when they overgrow, they can cause infections. Such infections can...
- 5 Tips on Living with Lung Cancer
Lung cancer, also known as lung carcinoma, is a malignant lung tumor depicted by uncontrolled cell growth in tissues of the lung. If left untreated, this growth can spread beyond the lung by the process of metastasis into nearby tissue or other parts of the body.The following are 5 tips on...
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- What Are the Risk Factors for Lung Cancer?
A risk factor could be any one of numerous influences that make you prone to developing cancer. There are unavoidable factors that you have no protection against. Some of these are a family history of genetically inherited traits, and age and gender issues. There are wholly avoidable factors such...
- Dr. Noelle K. Dowling MD1313 Fish Hatchery Rd Madison WI 53715
- Dr. Mary C Ball M.D.6401 Prairie St Muskegon MI 49444
- Dr. Timothy D Drews MD705 S University Ave Beaver Dam WI 53916
- Dr. Bridget A Pribbenow MD345 W Washington Ave. Madison WI 53703
- Dr. Kathleen A Oriel MD3209 Dryden Drive Madison WI 53704
- Zachary J Thurman MD752 N High Point Rd Madison WI 53717