Dr. Matthew Fitzer is a general surgeon practicing in Reston, VA. Dr. Fitzer specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Fitzer provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Weight Loss Surgery (bariatric Surgery), Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Memorial University Medical Center 2000
- LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI, COLUMBIA, MO 2005
- Laparoscopic Surgery, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO USA 2006
- University of Missouri - Columbia 2006
Dr. Matthew A Fitzer MD's Practice location
Dr. Matthew A Fitzer MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Recovering from a Laparoscopy
Patients who have undergone laparoscopic surgery tell of different stories. They have varying views and opinions. Some say it is a harrowing experience, while others consider laparoscopy a minor surgery. It really all depends on the individual, because every human being responds differently to...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Appendectomy
An appendectomy is a surgical procedure that involves the complete removal of the appendix. It is a common procedure that is performed to correct or treat appendicitis, which is a condition that is characterized by appendix inflammation. To understand what an appendectomy is, we will first briefly...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cholecystectomy
A cholecystectomy is a type of surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Although the gallbladder’s function is to store bile, which helps in your digestion, you can still live a healthy life without it. Gallbladder removal through surgery is the most effective treatment in dealing with gallbladder...
- What Is an Abdominal Hernia?
When a piece of tissue or an organ protrudes from its normal position, the condition is called a hernia. An abdominal hernia occurs when a piece of bowel protrudes through a weak area of the abdominal walls. Muscle and tissue layers form the abdominal walls. Weak spots may arise from these layers,...
- What Are the Risks of Gallbladder Surgery?
Your gallbladder has a very big role in the body during digestion. It is the organ that collects a fluid known as bile, which helps you to digest food. If your gallbladder develops complications, you may need to have it removed. You may also have it removed if you develop gallstones. Gallstones are...
- Dr. Kanene V. Ubesie M.D.9 Medical Parkway Dallas TX 75234
- Glenn W. Geelhoed16618 Kipling Road Derwood Maryland 20855
- Dr. Adeel Ahmed Shamim M.DHoward University Hospital Dept Of Surgery Washington DC 20060
- Dr. Puja Gaur Khaitan M.D.6650 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77044
- Dr. Hasan A Zia MD5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington DC 20016
- Dr. Peter Learn MD2200 Bergquist Dr Lackland TX 78236