Dr. Joseph Devon Lowdon MD
Internist1011 East Jefferson Street Suite 202 Charlottesville VA, 22902
Dr. Joseph Lowdon is an internist practicing in Charlottesville, VA. Dr. Lowdon specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Lowdon provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Va Sch of Med, Charlottesville Va 1980
University of Virginia / Main Campus 1980
University of Virginia School of Medicine 1980
- Herniated nucleus pulposus with radiculopathy in an adolescent: successful nonoperative treatment.
- Indirect assessment of memory for music during anesthesia.
- Propofol: a new intravenous anesthetic.
- Fatal air embolism after gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- The influence of excess vitamin A on neural tube closure in the mouse embryo.
- High Cholesterol
- Back Pain
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Cleveland Clinic Fndn, Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Dr. Joseph Devon Lowdon MD's Practice location
Charlottesville, VA 22902Get Direction
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22911Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Devon Lowdon MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lowdon
Really Great Internist.
- Diagnosing Heart Palpitations
What are heart palpitations?Heart palpitations are when you start feeling your own heart beating. You will feel as if your heart is beating too fast, slow, forcefully, or irregularly. You will feel as if you missed a beat. The frequency and severity of heart palpitations will vary from one person to...
- How to Prevent UTIs
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common infection in any part of the urinary or renal system (urethra, ureters, bladder, and kidneys). In fact, it is the second most common type of infection among adults. Besides being responsible for over 8 million visits to healthcare professionals every year,...
- What Complications May Occur If Bronchitis Goes Untreated?
Acute bronchitis may not cause any complications if it occurs the first time in a person. It usually goes away by taking proper rest after about two to three weeks. However, if bronchitis is left untreated, it can affect the respiratory system and damage the airways and lungs. Because of this...
- The Top 5 Anti-Aging Foods
Wine – Red wine is known to be very good for the body when consumed in moderation. Resveratrol, an important component of red wine, reduces the damage to blood vessels, prevents blood clots, and lowers the levels of LDL cholesterol. Studies have shown that resveratrol inhibits the growth of...
- Women Who Smoke Increase Their Risk for Hot Flashes
According to a recent study, women who smoke frequently are prone to more hot flashes during menopause, compared to women who do not smoke at all. Earlier studies suggest that there is a link between smoking and early menopause, in addition to menopause encourages worse symptoms. A recent study that...
- What is Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal fatigue is the name given to a broad spectrum of non-specific symptoms, including fatigue, nervousness, anxiety, and digestive problems. The condition is not a medical diagnosis and the term is not medically accepted. In general, it refers to the theory that these symptoms are caused by poor...
- Dr. Pamela P. Reynolds MD1254 Pebble Brooke Lane Charlottesville Virginia 22902
- Dr. Joyce B Geilker MD2955 Ivy Road Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Richard K Brantley MD916 E High St Charlottesville VA 22902
- Dr. Boris K Gerber MD3025 Berkmar Dr Charlottesville VA 22901
- Dr. Joel M. Schectman M.D.Lee St Charlottesville VA 22908
- Dr. Richard Alan Stewart MD3025 Berkmar Dr Charlottesville VA 22901