Dr. Stephen J Utts M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology4310 James Casey St Suite 4a Austin TX, 78745
Dr. Stephen Utts is a gastroenterologist practicing in Austin, TX. Dr. Utts specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Utts performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1977
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1977
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Is the gastrin response to secretin provocation a function of antral G-cell mass? Results in the hypergastrinemia of acid hyposecretion.
- Secretin provocation: gastrin results in various clinical situations.
- Acid secretion and serum gastrin levels in individuals with Campylobacter pylori.
- Serum gastrin level increased by chronic hypercalcemia.
- Secretin provocation in normal and duodenal ulcer subjects. Is the gastrin rise in Zollinger-Ellison syndrome paradoxic or exaggeration?
- False-positive gastrin rises after secretin injection.
- Texas Super Doctors 2007-2011
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- MemberTravis County Medical Society
- Wilford Hall Med Ctr Aetc, Gastroenterology; Mercy Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Mercy Hospital Medical Center Program
Dr. Stephen J Utts M.D.'s Practice location
Austin, TX 78745Get Direction
Dr. Stephen J Utts M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Utts
- Celiac Disease: Five New Developments to Know About
When you have celiac disease or one of your family members has the disease, caution should always be taken so as not to trigger the pain and other complications that might be brought by the emergence of this disease. Since celiac disease has no known medication yet, a total abstinence from any food...
- What is C. Diff Infection?
There are thousands of species of harmless and useful bacteria residing in our digestive system, and they normally maintain a balance among themselves. If the balance is thrown off track, these good bacteria can cause a number of illnesses. One such bacterium in our gut is Clostridium difficile (C....
- Immunosuppressive Drugs for Crohn's Disease
Crohn’s disease is an autoimmune disorder. Due to this disorder, the gastrointestinal tract is affected, and the lining of the digestive system is inflamed. Usually, it affects the colon, although it may affect any part. Ulcers, fistulas, or even cracks can develop in the intestine. This can block...
- Suffering from Constant Nausea? Here's What It Could Be
IntroductionNausea is an unpleasant feeling that is usually experienced before vomiting. Constant or persistent nausea is characterized by feeling nauseous for more than 24 hours. Although nausea and vomiting often come together, vomiting may occur without feeling nauseous and nausea can occur...
- Know the Symptoms of Colon Cancer
In order to recognize if you have colon cancer, it is vital to know the signs and symptoms of colon cancer. However, most of the symptoms caused by a carcinoma of the colon can also be seen with other diseases that isn’t a cancer, such as hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, and infections of...
- General Facts About Hemorrhoids
What are hemorrhoids and what causes them?Hemorrhoids are lumps that occur in the rectum or the anus, formed by the swelling of blood vessels in the region. It can occur in the lower rectum and around the anus. The cause of the swollen blood vessels is by a strain due to the pressure and individual...
- Dr. Christian M Mendez MD601 E. 15th St. Austin TX 78701
- Dr. Erik F. Rahimi M.D.6431 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Christopher M Godell M.D.11111 Research Blvd Austin TX 78759
- Dr. Harish K Gagneja M.D.1015 E 32nd St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Imtiaz Alam MD2200 Park Bend Dr Austin TX 78758
- Dr. Kenneth K Ellis M.D.11111 Research Blvd Austin TX 78759