Dr. Caroline Prochnau is an internist practicing in Asheboro, NC. Dr. Prochnau specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Prochnau provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 1998
Physician Assistant Studies, Barry University, FL 1998
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Tn Grad Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
- U Tn Grad Sch Med-U Tn Med Ctr
- East Tennessee State University Program
Dr. Caroline C Prochnau MD's Practice location
Asheboro, NC 27203Get Direction
Dr. Caroline C Prochnau MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Prochnau
- What Should I Do if My Child Wets the Bed?
Many studies have uncovered the reasons behind bedwetting and what can be done for improving the condition in children. A report on bedwetting mentions the common misconceptions about bedwetting and the progress in finding the cause and treatment of this condition.Darcie Kiddoo, MD, associate...
- The Best Diet for Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are caused by an increase of pressure in the anal and rectal veins. This pressure can be caused by standing or sitting for too long, poor posture, anal intercourse, and many other things. However, the most common root causes of hemorrhoids are dietary and lifestyle choices. This means...
- Reducing the Intensity of Pain with Mindful Mediation
A new brain imaging study has shown that meditation, even a brief instruction, helps to reduce the intensity of pain. Most of the participants of the study reported to have a reduction in pain after four 20-minute sessions of mindfulness meditation instructions....
- Urine Culture and Sensitivity Test: What Is It?
Urine Culture and Sensitivity TestA urine culture is a laboratory test that can identify specific types of germs that cause urinary tract infections. A urinary tract infection occurs when bacteria enter the urinary system through the urethra. Bacteria can rapidly grow and multiply, and cause an...
- What Is a Drug Interaction?
IntroductionAccording to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 20,000 deaths annually happen due to unintentional drug poisoning. Moreover, the US Food and Drug Administration stated that four or more prescribed medications are concurrently taken by 40 percent of Americans,...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Dr. Angela M. Maier MD24600 W. 127th Street Plainfield Illinois 60585
- Dr. Cathy A Straits MD364 White Oak St Asheboro NC 27203
- Dr. Bruce Todd Granger MD940 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Unwana A Eyo MD364 White Oak St Asheboro NC 27203
- Mr. Eric Jon Kozlow MD120 Davis St Asheboro NC 27203
- Dr. Abul F Imam MD903 Randolph St Thomasville NC 27360