Dr. Manuel Chua is a psychiatrist practicing in Modesto, CA. Dr. Chua is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Chua diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Chua may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Chua treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Of Ky Hosp, Psychiatry; Lutheran Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; St Clare'S Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Manuel O. Chua M.D.'s Practice location
Modesto, CA 95350Get Direction
Dr. Manuel O. Chua M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chua
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- Bulimia Nervosa: Get the Facts
Bulimia nervosa, commonly called as bulimia, is a serious eating disorder that can have potentially harmful effects. People with bulimia nervosa secretly eat and then purge through an unhealthy way, so they won't put on extra weight.This condition is characterized by repeated episodes of binge...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- The Most Common Psychological Disorders
Common mental health disorders are often associated with a variety of symptoms, which can lead to significant disability or impairment for the patient and those around them. Below are some of the more common psychological disorders:DepressionDepression or major depressive disorder is a serious...
- Understanding Psychotherapy
Most of us usually become too overwhelmed when dealing with the issues affecting our lives. Cases of depression, anxiety, and mental disorders are very common today. Others struggle with weight-related issues, addiction, sexuality, relationships, and loss of jobs, among others. All these concerns...
- Understanding Depression in the LGBTQ Community
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer have a high prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders compared to their heterosexual counterparts. Studies have shown that the discrimination, prejudice, abuse, and...
- Dr. Evelyn R. Edelmuth MD44530 San Pablo Ave Palm Desert CA 92260
- Dr. Omer Liran M.D.1551 Claus Road Modesto CA 95355
- Dr. Vikram Malhotra MD1010 N. Kansas Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Juan Antonio Galvez-buccollini abanto M.D.1101 Standiford Ave Modesto CA 95350
- Dr. John James Jacisin M.D.3425 Coffee Rd Modesto CA 95355
- Dr. Ashok R Rao M.D.1524 Mchenry Ave Modesto CA 95350