Dr. Young Zhou is a pathologist practicing in Batavia, NY. Dr. Zhou is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Zhou can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Zhou may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Hunan Medical University, Xiangya College Of Medicine MD
- Regulation of fatty acid homeostasis in cells: novel role of leptin.
- Reversing adipocyte differentiation: implications for treatment of obesity.
- Hyperleptinemia depletes fat from denervated fat tissue.
- Comparing the hypothalamic and extrahypothalamic actions of endogenous hyperleptinemia.
- Troglitazone prevents mitochondrial alterations, beta cell destruction, and diabetes in obese prediabetic rats.
- Lipotoxic heart disease in obese rats: implications for human obesity.
- Optimization of the size distribution and myocardial contrast effect of perfluorocarbon-filled albumin microbubbles by lyophilization under continuous negative pressure.
- Leptin resistance of adipocytes in obesity: role of suppressors of cytokine signaling.
- Liporegulation in diet-induced obesity. The antisteatotic role of hyperleptinemia.
- Role of leptin in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1 expression.
- The role of leptin resistance in the lipid abnormalities of aging.
- Lipotoxicity of beta-cells in obesity and in other causes of fatty acid spillover.
- [The clinical and pathologic study of embeded supernumerary teeth].
- BNIP-Salpha induces cell rounding and apoptosis by displacing p50RhoGAP and facilitating RhoA activation via its unique motifs in the BNIP-2 and Cdc42GAP homology domain.
- Local decomposition induced by dislocation motions inside precipitates in an Al-alloy.
Dr. Young T Zhou MD's Practice location
Batavia, NY 14020Get Direction
Dr. Young T Zhou MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...