Dr. Allen Davies is a general surgeon practicing in Elkton, MD. Dr. Davies specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Davies provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1961
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Mass Gen Hosp, Thoracic Surgery; Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, General Surgery; Baylor Coll Of Med, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Baylor College Of Med
Dr. Allen Davies MD's Practice location
Dr. Allen Davies MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for a Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an examination that lets your health practitioner view the lining of your colon (large intestine). A thin and flexible tube known as a colonoscopy is used to thoroughly view the colon. A Colonoscopy is also applied when screening for precancerous or cancer growths inside the colon....
- 5 Tips to Avoid Hernia
Causes of HerniaOther than umbilical hernia, all other types of hernia occur at a later stage in life. Hernia is usually caused due to weak abdominal walls. Part of the organs tends to protrude through the weakened spot of the abdominal wall. There are various reasons due to which the abdominal...
- How to Diagnose and Treat Gallstones
Who are at risk of developing gallstones?- Obesity is one of the biggest risk factors in developing gallstones. It increases a person's overall cholesterol levels, making it difficult to maintain a completely empty bladder. - Women who are pregnant, on birth control pills, or taking hormonal...
- Reasons Why You Need a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is a surgical procedure performed to get rid of one's tonsils. The same procedure can be used to remove the adenoids. For adults, the administration of a local anesthesia to numb the throat is enough. However, children may have to be given general anesthesia, which makes them...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove a damaged gallbladder. The gallbladder is a small pouch-like organ found in the upper right part of your belly. The main function of the gallbladder is to store bile, which is a digestive fluid used in the breakdown of fats. Specifically,...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Appendectomy
An appendectomy is a surgical procedure that involves the complete removal of the appendix. It is a common procedure that is performed to correct or treat appendicitis, which is a condition that is characterized by appendix inflammation. To understand what an appendectomy is, we will first briefly...
- Dr. Joseph J Bennett M.D.4701 Ogletown Stanton Rd Newark DE 19713
- Dr. Jeffry Zern MD4735 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark DE 19713
- Dr. Katherine Sahm MD1100 N GRANT AVE WILMINGTON DE 19805
- Dr. Isaias Irgau MD537 Stanton Christiana Rd Newark DE 19713
- Dr. Velma P Scantlebury MD2451 Fillingim St Mobile AL 36617
- Dr. Charles Paidas MD12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd Tampa FL 33612