Dr. Jerome Litvinoff practices Neurological Surgery in San Diego, CA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Litvinoff prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1965
University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences 1965
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- St Vincent'S Hsp & M C-Ny, Neurological Surgery; Kings County Hosp Ctr, General Surgery
- Bellevue Hospital Center
Dr. Jerome Samuel Litvinoff MD's Practice location
San Diego, CA 92120Get Direction
Dr. Jerome Samuel Litvinoff MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- Dr. John F Alksne M.D.200 W Arbor Dr San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Donald John Blaskiewicz M.D.2100 5th Ave San Diego CA 92101
- Dr. Rahul Jandial M.D., PH.D.5425 Panoramic Ln San Diego CA 92121
- Dr. Vrijesh Shantanu Tantuwaya MD12630 Monte Vista Rd Poway CA 92064
- Dr. Scott P Leary MD6645 Alvarado Rd San Diego CA 92120
- Dr. Sanjay Ghosh M.D.6645 Alvarado Rd San Diego CA 92120