Dr. Larry Allgood is an optometrist practicing in Tucson, AZ. Dr. Allgood specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Allgood performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. Larry Allgood OD's Practice location
Tucson, AZ 85711Get Direction
Dr. Larry Allgood OD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- What is Secondary Cataracts?
Everyone who has had their cataracts removed surgically remembers how happy they felt when they finally regained their ability to see. The world all of a sudden became more lively and full of color. You began doing things you couldn't do when you had the cataracts. But then you began noticing your...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Cataracts?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is a condition known as cataracts. In patients with cataracts, proteins that are contained in the lens begin to break down, making the lens cloudy with an increase in age. Because cataracts develop very slowly, vision may not be affected right away and...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Dr. Amy Jean Thomas O.D.3501 E. Broadway Blvd Tucson AZ 85716
- Dr. Samantha Lynn contreras Nogales O. D.1502 N Tucson Blvd Tucson AZ 85716
- Dr. Patrick J Barry O.D.525 West Wetmore Road Tucson AZ 85705
- Dr. Tammy T. Nguyen O.D.7043 N Oracle Rd Tucson AZ 85704
- Dr. Steven Michael Goldwasser O.D.7900 S J Stock Rd Tucson AZ 85746
- Dr. Cheryl E Schmitt O.D.1502 N Tucson Blvd Tucson AZ 85716