Dr. Leonard Saltz is an oncologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Saltz specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Saltz manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Cornell Univ. Medical College
- Cornell Univ. Medical College
- Rockefeller University
Dr. Leonard Saltz MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10021Get Direction
Dr. Leonard Saltz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Saltz
- How Alcohol Abuse Can Influence Liver Cancer
Alcohol, what really is alcohol? From the scientific point of view, it is an organic compound. In this case, we look at it as a beverage made through the process of sugar fermentation. Alcohol can be highly intoxicating. Alcohol abuse entails the recurrent and harmful usage of alcohol.Alcohol abuse...
- Oncoplastic Surgery Success Story at Tufts Medical Center
While there are thousands of difficulties that surround breast cancer, one of the largest for many women is losing their breasts in surgery. While it is a necessary evil due to the cancer, it can be very difficult on confidence and self-image. If they wish to reconstruct their breasts, there are...
- Do I Have an Increased Risk of Developing Ovarian Cancer if I Have Endometriosis?
What is endometriosis?Endometriosis is a painful disease that affects the tissues lining the inner side of the uterus, which is called endometrium. The tissue is formed outside of the uterus and causes pelvic pain. Endometriosis is a common benign disorder that affects about 10% to 15% women in...
- Researches Discover Clues as to Why Exactly BRCA Mutations Can Cause Cancer
When the BRCA1 gene mutation was found by scientists supported by the National Cancer Institute to be hereditary predisposition to breast cancer, it was a major breakthrough; however, for many years, researchers have found themselves puzzled by the BRCA1 gene. Its ability to cause breast and ovarian...
- What Causes Testicular Cancer?
If you were to pose this simple question to your doctor, you would get the response that science does not know for sure what triggers cancer in the testes. But if you were to dig a little deeper, you may be drawn into a discussion on chromosomes and genes, the basic building blocks of life, and how...
- 5 Tips on Living with Lung Cancer
Lung cancer, also known as lung carcinoma, is a malignant lung tumor depicted by uncontrolled cell growth in tissues of the lung. If left untreated, this growth can spread beyond the lung by the process of metastasis into nearby tissue or other parts of the body.The following are 5 tips on...
- Howard W. Bruckner2330 Eastchester Rd Bronx New York 10469
- Dr. Trevor Joseph Layne MD354 Main Street West Orange New Jersey 07052
- Rachel Beth Wellner77 Worth Street New York New York 10013
- Orestes Sanchez703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503
- Dr. Cornel Mircea MD5 Franklin Avenue Belleville New Jersey 07109
- Dr. Yelena Novik MD160 East 34th Street New York New York 10016