Dr. James Cope is a family practitioner practicing in Milwaukee, WI. Dr. Cope specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Cope possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
University of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools 1981
- Med Coll Wi Affil Hosps, Family Practice
Dr. James W Cope MD's Practice location
Milwaukee, WI 53211Get Direction
Dr. James W Cope MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Managing High Fever In Children
Most of the time, a fever doesn’t indicate a serious problem. However, it can be alarming and frightening if a child’s body temperature increases dramatically. Oftentimes, fever is the body’s way of fighting infections. Although not all fevers need treatment, a high fever can make children...
- Should I Take a Folic Acid Supplement?
Formerly known as folacin, folate is the generic term for both folate and folic acid. It is a B vitamin, which is important for the growth and metabolism of cells. Studies have shown that many people do not get enough folic acid from diet alone.Why do people take folic acid supplements?For pregnant...
- What Causes Blisters and How to Get Rid of a Blister
Blisters can occur for numerous reasons. Although they are not often serious, the appearance of blisters itself can be very off-putting. A blister is a fluid-filled bubble that develops under the skin. The watery liquid under the blister is often clear, which is called serum.When blisters break, the...
- How Do You Contract Meningitis?
The majority of meningitis is as a result of viruses and bacteria that harbor in our bodies. These germs normally live in the nose and throat or the intestines and can cause sickness. The bacteria can result in inflammation if they spread to the tissues lining the spinal cord and the brain....
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- Gastroenteritis in Children: Signs of Dehydration
Gastroenteritis is an intestinal infection that is caused by poorly prepared foods, contaminated water, etc. It can cause diarrhea, nausea, headache, and vomiting.What causes it?Gastro is caused by viruses. They include:• Rotavirus• AdenovirusHow is the gastroenteritis virus passed?Children can...
- Dr. Suresh K Misra MD3267 S 16th St Milwaukee WI 53215
- Dr. Julie A. Heyrman M.D.N112w17975 Mequon Rd Germantown WI 53022
- Dr. Andrew Knoernschild M.D.W168n11237 Western Ave Germantown WI 53022
- Dr. Steven J Vacek MDWaukesha Family Practice Center Waukesha WI 53188
- Dr. Nazih Botros MD6901 W Edgerton Ave Milwaukee WI 53220
- Dr. Timothy George Buchanan MD14555 W National Ave New Berlin WI 53151