Dr. Joan Redd is a physiatrist practicing in Portsmouth, VA. Dr. Redd is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Redd focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Redd can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
University of Virginia School of Medicine 2005
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- Charlotte Institute Of Rehabilitation
Mrs. Joan L Redd MD's Practice location
Portsmouth, VA 23707Get Direction
Mrs. Joan L Redd MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Autism: The Early Signs and Symptoms
Social DifficultiesSocial disconnection is one of the most obvious signs of autism. Children with autism may appear uninterested, or unable to communicate and connect to the social world. Children with autism may not respond to their name being called, and may seem very distant. This is because they...
- Prozac Side Effects
Prozac, also called Fluoxetine, is an anti-depressant drug that is used to treat mental problems. It does this by affecting the chemicals in the brain, which may be unbalanced due to panic, anxiety, or depression. It is a drug that is used to treat mental problems, and it must be prescribed by a...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- Headache in the Back of the Head
A headache experienced in the back of the head can have many different causes. Most of these causes can be identified by specific symptoms, such as the exact location of pain and the type or severity of pain experienced. In some cases, certain events can trigger these headaches. CausesDoctors can...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- How to Prevent Osteoporosis
Genes determine an individual’s height and skeletal strength, but certain lifestyle factors like exercise and diet are influential to the health of your bones. Having regular exercise will improve an individual's muscle and bone strength. Moreover, a person should get enough calcium daily through...
- Dr. Beverly Lavern Roberts-atwater DO PHD721 Fairfax Ave Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. David Scott Levi MD1788 Republic Rd Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. Bonnie Jean Nock DO1788 Republic Rd Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. Steven Lloyd Gershon MD1133 First Colonial Road Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. Lisa B Barr MD1788 Republic Rd Virginia Beach VA 23454
- Dr. Joann Webber Dervay MD1800 Camelot Drive Virginia Beach VA 23454