Salman Bashir MD
Radiologist | Diagnostic Radiology101 Page St Radiology Department New Bedford MA, 02740
Dr. Salman Bashir is a radiologist practicing in New Bedford, MA. Dr. Bashir specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
University Of Massachusetts Medical School 1990
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Ny Medical College, Diagnostic Radiology; Ny Medical College, Internal Medicine
- Massachusetts General Hospital Program
Salman Bashir MD's Practice location
New Bedford, MA 02740Get Direction
Salman Bashir MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bashir
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Eugene Barasch MD118 Wild Harbor Rd North Falmouth MA 02556
- Arthur D Burke MD101 Page St New Bedford MA 02740
- Babak Raissi MD289 Pleasant St Fall River MA 02721
- Nicholas P Spencer MD101 Page St New Bedford MA 02740
- Michael Merport M.D.101 Page Street New Bedford MA 02740
- Paul K Westfall MD101 Page St New Bedford MA 02740