Dr. Milton Daugherty MD
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry7531 So Stony Island Chicago IL, 60649
Dr. Milton Daugherty is a psychiatrist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Daugherty is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Daugherty diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Daugherty may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Daugherty treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Meharry Med Coll Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1972
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Metro Child & Adol Srvs, Psychiatry; Cook County Hosp, Family Medicine; Cook County Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Milton Daugherty MD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60649Get Direction
Dr. Milton Daugherty MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Daugherty
- Reading to Your Children: The Path to Healthy Kids
Storytelling is a vehicle for parents to bond with their children, while instilling values and character traits. Making time for a 15 minute story is a great way to directly connect with your children.Storytelling is a tradition as old as human history. The stories of Aesop may come to mind. The...
- What Is Akathisia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a feeling of anxiety or restlessness. Its symptoms tend to overlap with the symptoms of other physical and psychological disorders. The diagnosis depends on a very subjective feeling of restlessness. Hence, recognizing akathisia can be somewhat tricky. Movement...
- Treatments for Binge Eating Disorder
Binge eating disorder can make a person’s life miserable. Actually, most people feel ashamed to come out and seek treatment. It is an easy condition to hide and someone might keep it from even the people closest to him or her. Eating disorders need a flexible treatment plan that can be adjusted to...
- What Are the Types of Bipolar Disorder?
What is bipolar disorder?Bipolar disorder is a mental illness characterized by extreme mood swings. The mood swings can be extremely high or low. They can last a few hours, days, weeks or even months. The mood swings consist of mixed emotions both of extreme happiness or extreme depression.Bipolar...
- What Are the Side Effects of Schizophrenia Medications?
For people with Schizophrenia, the most common and best cure lies in sticking to a treatment plan that involves a daily dose of medication. But, what one must remember is the fact that these medications carry with themselves a large number of risk factors that may present some serious challenges....
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- Dr. Rose Gomez M.D.,875 N Michigan 875 N Michigan Chicago Il 60611
- Dr. Gary Alan Willer Other30 North Michigan Avenue Chicago Illinois 60602
- Lucyna Maria Puszkarska5420 N Milwaukee Ave Chicago IL 60630
- Gen Tanaka152 N Humphrey Ave Oak Park IL 60302
- Michel R. Louvain300 North State Street Chicago Illinois 60654
- Dr. Martins A. Adeoye MD15010 South Ravinia Avenue Orland Park Illinois 60462