Dr. Peter F Ames MD
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology77 Pringle Way Washoe Medical Cente Reno NV, 89502
Dr. Peter Ames is a pathologist practicing in Reno, NV. Dr. Ames is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Ames can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Ames may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Univ Ca Davis Med Ctr, Hematology-Pathology; Univ Ca Davis Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Dr. Peter F Ames MD's Practice location
Reno, NV 89502Get Direction
Dr. Peter F Ames MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ames
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Dr. Luke A. Perkocha M.D.1600 Divisadero St San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Dennis A Mackey MD77 Pringle Way Reno NV 89502
- Dr. Linda Pauleen Veneman MD2801 H St Bakersfield CA 93301
- Dr. Malcolm Schinstine MD801 Ostrum St Bethlehem PA 18015
- Dr. Roger S Ritzlin M.D.1 Manville Medical Sciences Reno NV 89557
- Dr. Katherine P Raven MD10 Kirman Ave Reno NV 89502