Dr. Bernard Lown is a cardiologist practicing in Brookline, MA. Dr. Lown specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Lown also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins Univ Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1945
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Internal Medicine; Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Internal Medicine; Interfaith Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year; Yale New Haven Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Bernard Lown M.D.'s Practice location
Brookline, MA 02446Get Direction
Bernard Lown M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Can Sleep Apnea Cause an Irregular Heartbeat?
There are numerous people who complain about waking up with a fast-beating heart. While some think this isn’t anything to worry about, there are studies that link waking up with an irregular heartbeat to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a very common sleeping disorder that is very alarming. In fact,...
- Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?
Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?Heart Failure means that due to some reasons, the heart is unable to pump blood to the body in the normal range. In most of the cases, heart failure is caused by reasons like high blood pressure, impaired heart muscles, heart attack,...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?
What Is Right-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?Heart failure is called by other names, such as congestive heart failure (CHF), cardiac failure, left-sided heart failure, and right-sided heart failure.The heart is an organ that pumps blood to various parts of the body and is a little larger than...
- Avni Thakore M.D.1991 Marcus Avenue Lake Success New York 11042
- Philip Podrid MD88 East Newton Street Boston Massachusetts 02118
- Bernardo Nadal-Ginard334 Hammond Street Chestnut Hill Massachusetts 2467
- Ricardo C. Cury MD8900 N. Kendall Drive Miami Florida 33176
- Afshin Ehsan M.D.2 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905
- Alyson Lee Kelley-hedgepeth MD110 Liberty St Brockton MA 02301