Dr. Farrukh Shaikh practices Neuropathology in Charleston, WV. Dr. Shaikh studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Liaquat Medical College 1984
Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College 1984
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Parkinson's Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Memory Loss
- Liaquat University Of Medical & Health Sciences-Pakistan
Dr. Farrukh S Shaikh M.D.'s Practice location
Charleston, WV 25301Get Direction
Dr. Farrukh S Shaikh M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Hib Meningitis?
Hib meningitis is an infectious disease that is life-threatening. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the surrounding layers of the spinal cord and the brain. The meninges are layers that assist in protecting the brain from infection and injury. Children who are below 4 years old are the...
- Patient Tries Medical Marijuana and the Results Were Insane!
The use of marijuana for medical purposes has been controversial for many years. Although some states have legalized its use, it still remains a crime on the federal level. Many also questioned whether it would actually help patients. Over the years success stories have been piling up, and...
- Alzheimer's Breakthrough: Study Has Found a Change in Protein Can Reverse Alzheimer's Damage
Alzheimer’s is a progressive brain disorder that has no cure. When a person develops the disease, they develop amyloid plaques as well as neurofibrillary tangles. As the condition worsens, the neurons deteriorate, eventually dying out.Both early and late onset Alzheimer's disease have a genetic...
- Can Sleeping with Hand Braces Slow Down Muscular Dystrophy?
In patients with muscular dystrophy, contractures usually occur as muscle breaks down. They begin at a very tender age of about 8 to 13. What this means is that muscles and tendons of the patient's wrists and hands tighten. Did you know that not all muscles lose strength at the same time? Hand...
- Multiple Sclerosis: The Center Without Walls Program
The Center Without Walls program is there to support the medical community in working together to further the information and research available in the fight against multiple sclerosis, and Nancy Davis has been a crucial element.Nancy's storyNancy Davis has always lived a very full life. In Denver,...
- 8 Multiple Sclerosis Facts You Should Know
Many of us are familiar with the basic facts of multiple sclerosis. We understand that it is an autoimmune disease that affects the central nervous system, brain and spinal cord and in some cases leads to paralysis. But beyond that, MS is a complex disease that millions of people are living and...
- Dr. Roy Sucholeiki MD25 N Winfield Road Winfield IL 60190
- Dr. Carol A Foster M.D.415 Morris St Charleston WV 25301
- Dr. Surya N Gupta MD4803 Kentucky Street Charleston WV 25309
- Dr. Robert Lee Lewis MD1200 Hospital Dr Hurricane WV 25526
- Dr. Sally H Swisher MD401 Division St Charleston WV 25309
- Dr. Joby Joseph M.D.77 Hospital Dr Logan WV 25601