Dr. Jean Hertz is a family practitioner practicing in Washington, MO. Dr. Hertz specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Hertz possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1998
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Dr. Jean Kirsten Hertz M.D.'s Practice location
Washington, MO 63090Get Direction
Dr. Jean Kirsten Hertz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Are Vitamin D-Rich Foods Better than Vitamin D Supplements?
What is vitamin D?Vitamin D is a unique fat-soluble vitamin that plays a significant role in many aspects of health. Also referred to as the sunshine vitamin, it stands out from other types of vitamins since the body can produce vitamin D through sunlight exposure. With 20-25 minutes of daily sun...
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- Alternative Treatments for Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism refers to the medical condition in which the thyroid gland is unable to produce an adequate amount of hormones. These hormones are extremely important in various body functions. Low levels of thyroid hormone may result in the characteristic symptoms of hypothyroidism. This condition...
- Should I Take a Folic Acid Supplement?
Formerly known as folacin, folate is the generic term for both folate and folic acid. It is a B vitamin, which is important for the growth and metabolism of cells. Studies have shown that many people do not get enough folic acid from diet alone.Why do people take folic acid supplements?For pregnant...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- Dr. Trevor Paul King M.D.901 Patients First Drive Washington MO 63090
- Dr. Van A Hargraves MD5551 Winghaven Blvd O Fallon MO 63368
- Dr. Craig S Holzem M.D.901 Patients First Dr Washington MO 63090
- Dr. Nelson G Usry MD5551 Winghaven Blvd O Fallon MO 63368
- Dr. Melissa Joy Lueking M.D.6261 Ronald Reagan Dr Lake Saint Louis MO 63367
- Mr. Todd Martin Craig MD851 E 5th St Washington MO 63090