Dr. Ambika Sivanandam is an internist practicing in Redlands, CA. Dr. Sivanandam specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Sivanandam provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Dr. Ambika Sivanandam MD's Practice location
Redlands, CA 92373Get Direction
LOMA LINDA, CA 92354Get Direction
Dr. Ambika Sivanandam MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sivanandam
- When Is it Food Poisoning?
Food poisoning, or food borne illness, is a disease caused by eating food contaminated with infectious microorganisms or toxins. The infectious organism can be bacteria, a virus, or a parasite. Poisoning is very common in meat, chicken, fish, and eggs. But it may also be found in other food items,...
- When and How Is Ferrous Sulfate Used?
What is ferrous sulfate?Ferrous sulfate is a form of iron that can be obtained through supplements. Our bodies mostly get iron through the different types of food we consume. Iron becomes a part of myoglobin and hemoglobin once it is inside the body. Myoglobin enables the storage of oxygen in...
- Light Drinking May Not Harm Babies
New research shows that a pregnant mother drinking up to two glasses of alcohol may not harm the children. About 11,500 mothers and their children participated in this study. Researchers collected data regarding the drinking habits of the mothers when the kids were about 9 months old. When the...
- What Is the Purpose of the Hormone Prolactin?
What is prolactin?Prolactin or luteotropic hormone (LTH) is a peptide hormone, which promotes milk secretion in female mammals. This hormone also plays a significant role in pancreatic development, immune system regulation, and metabolism. When women become pregnant, their prolactin levels increase...
- Rapid Shallow Breathing (Tachypnea): Causes and Treatments
What is rapid shallow breathing?Rapid, shallow breathing, also medically called as tachypnea, is a term used to describe a breathing that is too fast, particularly when people have it due to a lung disease or other health conditions. Sometimes, rapid, shallow breathing and hyperventilation...
- The Health Risks of a Sedentary Lifestyle
Many of us who sit for a long time in front of a computer, in a car while traveling to the workplace, relax in front of the television, or do online shopping, might be have sitting disease. Sitting disease is another name for a sedentary lifestyle, which increases the risk for a number of diseases.A...
- Dr. Sunil H. Patel M.D.18145 U.S. Highway 18 Apple Valley California 92307
- Dr. Samuel M. Sepuya M.D.1780 E. Highland Avenue San Bernardino California 92404
- Dr. Sadia S Khan MD4959 PALO VERDE ST MONTCLAIR CA 91763
- Dr. Lynnetta E Skoretz M.D.11201 Benton Street Loma Linda CA 92357
- Dr. Tony Sang-jin Kwon MD7117 Brockton Ave Riverside CA 92506
- Dr. Julie A Ulloa-michaelis M.D.11370 Anderson St Loma Linda CA 92354