Dr. Douglas Flynn Martin MD
Neurosurgeon875 Meadows Rd Suite 311 Boca Raton FL, 33486
Dr. Douglas Martin practices Neurological Surgery in Boca Raton, FL. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Martin prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1974
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Herniated Disc
- Univ Of Al Hosp, Neurological Surgery; Shands Hosp At Univ Of Fl, General Surgery
- Shands Hospital At University Of Fl
- University of Alabama Hospital Program
Dr. Douglas Flynn Martin MD's Practice location
Boca Raton, FL 33486Get Direction
Dr. Douglas Flynn Martin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Martin
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s Disease: It Isn't EasyTony led a normal life just like many of us. He was approaching his fifth to sixth decade, and he was the head of an engineering department--capable of making decisions and recalling those decisions. But suddenly, communication with his wife and children was...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Dr. Amos Olabisi Dare M.D.4848 Coconut Creek Parkway Pompano Beach FL 33063
- Dr. Lloyd Zucker M.D.670 Glades Road Boca Raton FL 33431
- Mr. Guillermo A Pasarin MD350 Nw 84th Ave Fort Lauderdale FL 33324
- Dr. Matthew R. Moore M.D.1930 Ne 47th St Fort Lauderdale FL 33308
- Dr. Christopher C Roberts DO1314 Se 2nd Ave Fort Lauderdale FL 33316
- Dr. Brett Alan Schlifka D.O.Madigan Army Medical Center-Neurosurgery Tacoma WA 98431