Dr. Julie Erickson is a speech language pathologist practicing in MESA, AZ. Dr. Erickson specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Erickson evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Erickson helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Julie D Erickson's Practice location
MESA, AZ 85201Get Direction
Julie D Erickson's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Mrs. Sarah Bevier SLP1326 E HALIFAX ST MESA AZ 85203
- Deborah Ann Powell SPT3341 E QUEEN CREEK RD GILBERT AZ 85297
- Kelly Jenkins2700 N 3RD ST STE 4000 PHOENIX AZ 85004
- Jennifer Dyan Casey M.S. CCC-SLP20872 E VIA DEL PALO QUEEN CREEK AZ 85242
- Ms. Andrea Frances Armstrong1029 E VILLA THERESA DR PHOENIX AZ 85022
- Ms. Christine Lundblad MA,CCC-SLP8115 E INDIAN BEND RD SCOTTSDALE AZ 85250