Dr. Neil Brast is a psychiatrist practicing in Palo Alto, CA. Dr. Brast is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Brast diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Brast may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Brast treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Stanford Univ Sch Of Med- Stanford Ca 1973
Stanford University School of Medicine 1973
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Stanford Univ Hosp, Psychiatry; Philadelphia Gen Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics Program
Dr. Neil Brast M.D.'s Practice location
Palo Alto, CA 94303Get Direction
Dr. Neil Brast M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brast
- What Is an Auditory Hallucination?
Auditory hallucinations are false perceptions of sound in the absence of an external stimulus. You basically hear voices talking to you or other noises or music, which others around you do not hear. It is a very common symptom among schizophrenics. As a percentage, about 70 percent of schizophrenic...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- How to Prepare for Psychotherapy
Understanding PsychotherapyPsychotherapy is a form of treatment that is collaborative in nature. It is based on the relationship between a patient and a psychotherapist or simply a psychologist. This type of therapy provides an environment that allows you to openly and honestly communicate your...
- Do the Symptoms of Autism Differ Between Boys and Girls?
What is Autism?Autism spectrum disorder (ASD, or simply ‘autism’, is a condition characterized by communication challenges, social-interaction difficulties, sensory sensitivities, and restricted or repetitive behavior. Restricted and repetitive behaviors are the most common of these symptoms of...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Depression in Seniors
What is depression?Depression is a mood disorder that causes an individual to feel sad, lonely, lost, angry, hopeless, or frustrated daily. These severe emotions can interfere with the individual's everyday life. For elders, depression can arise through hard life experiences, like losing a spouse,...
- Dr. Vasdeep S. Kahlon M.D.662 Mowry Avenue Fremont California 94536
- Dr. Stanley E. Fischman M.D.2485 Hospital Drive Mountain View California 94040
- Dr. Sara Gandy M.D.401 Quarry Road Stanford California 94305
- Tammy Christine Saah2039 Forest Ave San Jose CA 95128
- Dr. Frank A. Stanton M.D.2275 Arlington Dr San Leandro CA 94578
- Dr. Mali A. Mann MD550 Hamilton Avenue Palo Alto California 94301