Dr. Nancy Montgomery is a speech language pathologist practicing in LEAVENWORTH, KS. Dr. Montgomery specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Montgomery evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Montgomery helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Nancy Sue Montgomery SLP's Practice location
LEAVENWORTH, KS 66048Get Direction
Nancy Sue Montgomery SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Mrs. Jenna Lynn Beuerlein M.S. CCC-SLP8247 LEAVENWORTH RD KANSAS CITY KS 66109
- Mattie L. Barnts6301 N. LUCERNE KANSAS CITY MO 64151
- Patricia E. Reiss MA, CCC-SLP13401 184TH ST LINWOOD KS 66052
- Katie Ann Keating13375 TIMBER PARK DR PLATTE CITY MO 64079
- Jessica Ann Older15143 N CHERRY CT PARKVILLE MO 64152
- Ms. Eva Leah Kephart MSCCC-SLP4911 STATE AVE KANSAS CITY KS 66102