Dr. Halina E Polek-nowakowska MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology14076 Highway 44 Gonzales LA, 70737
Dr. Halina Polek-nowakowska is a gastroenterologist practicing in Gonzales, LA. Dr. Polek-nowakowska specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Polek-nowakowska performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Akademia Medyczna, Lodz 1990
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 1996
Wroclaw Medical University 1990
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Hepatitis C
- H. Pylori
- Huron Hospital Cleveland Clinic
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Program
Dr. Halina E Polek-nowakowska MD's Practice location
Gonzales, LA 70737Get Direction
Dr. Halina E Polek-nowakowska MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Polek-nowakowska
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- New Blood Test May Help to Differentiate Between Celiac and Gluten Sensitivity
Celiac disease is a rare autoimmune illness, where the immune system starts attacking the outer layer of intestine once gluten is ingested. However, people complaining about gastrointestinal problems after gluten consumption far exceed the number of people living with celiac, these are mostly people...
- What Does Mucus in Stool Mean?
Does having bloody mucus in stool worry you? Passing out mucus, or spotting them in the poop, is often troubling. It often happens in the case of diarrhea. Bloody mucus in stool is a symptom, rather than a distinct health condition. It is considered the same as the symptom of having blood in the...
- How to Travel with Crohn's and Colitis
People with irritable bowel diseases such as Crohn's Disease or Ulcerative Colitis are often very apprehensive at the thought of trying to plan even a moderately traveled trip, whether by car, train, bus, plane, or cruise or charter ship. However, just because there are some concerns to keep in mind...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- Crohn's Disease: Foods, Vitamins, Supplements, and Herbal Remedies
Crohn's Disease and VitaminsCrohn is an inflammatory bowel disease which mainly affects the gastrointestinal tract causing severe pain in the abdomen, constant fever and reduction in weight. It does not allow the digestive system to absorb the required vitamins and nutrients from the food.Vitamins...
- Dr. Aldo J Russo M.D.9001 Summa Ave Baton Rouge LA 70809
- Dr. Lincoln F Hernandez M.D.16777 Medical Center Drive Baton Rouge LA 70816
- Dr. Kimberly Schneider Dalmau M.D.1978 Industrial Blvd Houma LA 70363
- Dr. Andrew Caperton Nelson M.D.9103 Jefferson Hwy Baton Rouge LA 70809
- Dr. William Anthony Anderson M.D.9103 Jefferson Hwy Baton Rouge LA 70809
- Dr. Robert Mario Be M.D.9103 Jefferson Hwy Baton Rouge LA 70809