Dr. Lori Stec is an ophthalmologist practicing in Royal Oak, MI. Dr. Stec specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Stec can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Stec can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 2000
University of Michigan Medical School 2000
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Wm Beaumont Hosp, Ophthalmology; Wm Beaumont Hosp, Transitional Year
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Lori Stec's Practice location
Royal Oak, MI 48073Get Direction
Lori Stec's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stec
- What are Cataracts: Get the Facts
Cataract is the blurring of the lens part of the eye that can lead to complications in vision. Aging is the cause of the common form of cataract. It grows slowly and should symptoms develop they should not be ignored as this condition worsens with time. Congenital defects, previous eye surgery,...
- What are Gonococcal and Chlamydial Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is an infection of the eyes. It is easily contracted, but if treated in the right way, could be cured easily. There are several types of conjunctivitis, and two of them are Gonococcal and Chlamydial Conjunctivitis. These types of conjunctivitis are usually bacterial and may affect one...
- Should I Opt for Cataracts Surgery?
Cataracts is a cloudy area in the lens of the eye that blocks the light entering the eye, thus affecting vision. Surgery is one of the most common options to treat cataracts and improve vision. It is performed by an ophthalmologist and in most cases, is an outpatient procedure. Cataracts is an eye...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- Dr. Gabriel Sosne MD31500 Telegraph Road Birmingham Farms Michigan 48025
- Dr. Marshall N Cyrlin MD29275 Northwestern Hwy Southfield MI 48034
- Dr. David M. Shepherd MD41935 West Twelve Mile Road Novi Michigan 48377
- Dr. Mirwat S. Sami MD3730 Kirby Drive Houston Texas 77098
- Dr. Samir A. Shah M.D.19582 Beach Blvd. Huntington Beach California 92645
- Dr. Michael J. Clune M.D.25511 Little Mack Ave Saint Clair Shores MI 48081