Dr. Joseph Johnston is an anesthesiologist practicing in Augusta, GA. Dr. Johnston ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Johnston also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine,Augusta, Ga, United States MD 1968
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1968
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Anesthesiology; Univ Of Louisville Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Joseph Franklin Johnston M.D.'s Practice location
Augusta, GA 30901Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Franklin Johnston M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can I Exercise Even Though I have Multiple Sclerosis?
The patients who undergo aerobic exercises are prone to benefit in a way that those who don’t and will not. You should adopt a regular schedule for specific exercises that you enjoy doing in order to keep your body fully-functioning.Exercise benefits for patients:...
- Rate of Mastectomies Rose After Angelina Jolie Publicized Her Decision
In 2013, Angelina Jolie announced her decision to have preventative double mastectomies. At that time, she had discovered that she was a carrier of the BRCA1 gene mutation, which increased her risk of both breast and ovarian cancer.In just 2 short years following her mastectomies, she also had her...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- George J. Arcos4301 University Parkway Evans Georgia 30809
- Dr. Shahnaz Bari M.D.1367 Interstate Pkwy Augusta Georgia 30909
- Dr. Ivan Florentino MD1446 Harper Street Augusta Georgia 30912
- Dr. Alan Shipman Walters M.D.1350 Walton Way Augusta GA 30901
- Dr. Chong Zhang MD804 Scott Nixon Memorial Dr Augusta GA 30907
- Dr. Matthew Todd Kleinbub M.D.1350 Walton Way Augusta GA 30901