Dr. Hugh Schuckman practices Emergency Medicine in Akron, OH. Dr. Schuckman assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Schuckman examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ of Tn, Memphis, Coll of Med, Memphis Tn 1978
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Akron City Hosp, Internal Medicine; Baptist Mem Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Akron City Hospital
- Internal Medicine, Akron City Hospital
- Internal Medicine, Baptist Memorial Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Physicians, American College of Emergency Physicians
Favorite professional publications
- Internal Medicine Journal, Emergency Medicine Journal
Dr. Hugh Alden Schuckman, MD's Practice location
Akron, OH 44304Get Direction
CLEVELAND, OH 44195Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Hugh Alden Schuckman, MD | Emergency Physician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Hugh Alden Schuckman, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schuckman
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Dr. Eric A.K. Mayer MD9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195
- Dr. Cynthia G Leung MD9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Thomas Tallman DO9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Jennifer Jean Robertson M.D.9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Kelly A Richter MD9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Ricardo Machado MD9500 EUCLID AVE CLEVELAND OH 44195