Dr. Andrew Liu practices Pediatric Allergy Medicine in Denver, CO. A pediatric allergist/immunologist finds and treats allergies and immune system problems that child patients suffer from. Dr. Liu treats the reactions caused by pet dander, pollen, dust, mold spores, insect stings, food, and medications; those reactions include asthma, hay fever, hives, eczema, or a very severe and unusual reaction called anaphylaxis.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ma Med Sch- Worcester Ma 1985
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology 2001 - 2002: Annual 2004Annual Meeting 2004: Harold S. Nelson Honorary Lectureship
- FellowAAP ()
- Fellow AAAAI ()
- Fellow ACAAI ()
- Member Colorado Allergy & Asthma Society
- Member AAI
- Natl Jewish Ctr Immu & Resp Me, Allergy And Immunology; Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
- University of Colorado Denver Affiliated Hospitals 1985
- National Jewish Health, Allergy & Immunology 1988
- National Jewish Health, Clinical and Laboratory Immunology 1991
Experience & Accolades
- Training Program DirectorAssociate Professor Allergy & Clinical Immunology Department of Pediatrics National Jewish Health Un
Dr. Andrew Liu MD's Practice location
Denver, CO 80206Get Direction
Dr. Andrew Liu MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Sinusitis Preventable?
One of the leading reasons why individuals visit their doctors is sinus pain. According to research, approximately 37 million American citizens get symptoms for sinusitis like thick nasal discharge, sinus pain, and nasal congestion. That figure is on the rise due to an increase in pollutants and...
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....
- Can Sinusitis Be Caused by Allergies?
The inflammation of the sinuses found in your forehead, cheekbones, and behind your nose is what is known as sinusitis. Sinusitis can be a short-term inflammation resulting from a bacterial infection after an infection like the common cold. However, sinusitis can also be chronic, resulting from...
- What to Do If Your Baby Has a Milk Protein Allergy
Milk Protein AllergyOne of the most common food allergies in babies and young children is cow's milk allergy. The good news is that milk allergies are usually outgrown by babies when they turn 2 or 3 years old. Its symptoms are usually managed by consuming a dairy-free diet. Regular milk is...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- All About Wasp Stings
IntroductionA wasp is an insect that belongs to the order of Hymenoptera and suborder Apocrita. Wasps can be identified from bees and ants through their physical and behavioral characteristics. They have a slimmer and smooth body with few hairs. Wasps are also parasitic and predatory in nature....
- Dr. Joseph D Spahn MD1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Chris L Cleveland M.D.1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Stanley Szefler MD1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Jonathan M Malka MD21097 Ne 27th Ct Miami FL 33180
- Dr. Grace P Tamesis M.D., MPH1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Flavia Cecilia lega Hoyte MD1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206