Dr. Ann Behrend is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Cape Girardeau, MO. Dr. Behrend specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Behrend can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Behrend can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1982
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Urinary Incontinence
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Menstrual Cramps
- KCUMB-COMEC/UMKC/Truman Medical Center Lakewood Program
Dr. Ann E Behrend M.D.'s Practice location
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703Get Direction
Dr. Ann E Behrend M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- What Causes Obesity?
A person who has a body weight that is 20% or more than the designated normal weight is considered to be obese. Obesity actually refers to the excess amount of fat present in the body. Based on the statistical measurement of Body Mass Index or BMI, obesity refers to BMI above 30. BMI is a...
- What Causes Ovarian Cysts?
Ovarian cysts are small, fluid-filled sacs that develop in or on the surface of the ovaries. Most of the cysts do not cause any harm to the person, while some may cause pain or bleed. Cysts usually resemble a small bubble with central fluid surrounded by a thin wall. Cysts may develop in women of...
- How to Prepare for a Hysterectomy
The very thought of surgery often triggers a sense of panic and anxiety, and the morbid fear of pain, complications, and a prolonged recovery phase. But technology has changed the medical landscape, and gynecologists today are moving confidently toward less invasive and painless surgical techniques...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy involves the inspection of the abdominal organs or the female pelvic organs through the use of a thin, lighted tube that is inserted through an incision made in the belly. It is used to locate complications such as adhesions, cysts, infections, and fibroids. The tube used in the...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Dr. Kimberly K Roos MD150 S Mount Auburn Rd Cape Girardeau MO 63703
- Dr. Timothy A Hoffmeister DO250 Rockport Dr Cape Girardeau MO 63701
- Dr. Wendi M Carns M.D.150 S Mount Auburn Rd Cape Girardeau MO 63703
- Dr. Naomi Wahl M.D.1001 E 21st St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Jessica H Lemmons Other150 S Mount Auburn Rd Cape Girardeau MO 63703
- Dr. Dianne S Woolard M.D.150 S Mount Auburn Rd Cape Girardeau MO 63703