Dr. Joy Schaffer is a pediatrician practicing in Scottsdale, AZ. Dr. Schaffer is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Schaffer diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Schaffer can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- St Joseph Hosp & Med Ctr, Pediatrics
- St Joseph Hospital and Med Center
Dr. Joy Heather Schaffer M.D.'s Practice location
Scottsdale, AZ 85260Get Direction
Dr. Joy Heather Schaffer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Schoolboy with Autism Responds to Bullies in a Powerful Way
It is an unfortunate part of life that some children will end up bullying other people their age. Some children seem to have an uncanny ability to hone in on a difference and exploit it, turning it into a weakness and hurting the other kid.Children with autism are especially vulnerable. They are...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Are Vaccines?
What is a vaccine?Vaccines are products that enable a person to develop immunity against certain diseases. A vaccine can be given through needle injections, by aerosol, or by mouth. The polio vaccine is given in the form of mouth drops that contain live but weakened organisms. The vaccine gets into...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- Head Motions Offer Insight into Autism for Girls
Autism was always considered to be a boy’s disorder. Girls are diagnosed with autism, too, but at a much lower rate; five times as many boys are diagnosed with autism as are girls.That may not necessarily be because boys have autism more frequently than girls, though. It is possible that girls...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Dr. Jay D. Cook M.D.2400 S. Avenue A Yuma AZ 85364
- Luis C. Arroyo2316 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015
- Dr. Paul Antseliovich MD333 East Virginia Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85004
- Dr. Reginald Bowman MD3223 Griffin Avenue Pekin Illinois 61554
- Dr. Rodney Jackson MD,FAAP3825 W Anthem Way New River AZ 85086
- Michelle M. Cabalona18700 N. 64th Drive Glendale Arizona 85308