Dr. Shobha Rao is a hospice and palliative care specialist practicing in Garland, TX. Dr. Rao provides care to people who are seriously ill. As a hospice and palliative care specialist, Dr. Rao works to relieve the pain and suffering of people who have a severe medical condition and are in a critical state. Hospice and palliative care specialists try to improve the quality of life for a person who may not have much time left to live.
Education and Training
Sri Venkatesvara Medical College, Ntr University Health Science 1985
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Infant mortality in India: use of maternal and child health services in relation to literacy status.
- Impaired glucose tolerance and impaired fasting glucose.
- Prevention of falls in older patients.
- Management of hip fracture: the family physician's role.
- Gastrointestinal complications of diabetes.
- Health maintenance for postmenopausal women.
- Information from your family doctor. Menopause: what you should know.
- Osteoporosis in men.
- Parental history lowers body mass index risk cutoff for hypertension among urban Indian adults.
- Synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of novel N-aryl-3,4-dihydro-1'H-spiro[chromene-2,4'-piperidine]-1'-carboxamides as TRPM8 antagonists.
- Maternal long-chain PUFA supplementation during protein deficiency improves brain fatty acid accretion in rat pups by altering the milk fatty acid composition of the dam.
- Perception of Curability Among Advanced Cancer Patients: An International Collaborative Study.
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Geriatric Medicine-Internal Medicine; Univ Tx Med Sch-San Antonio, Family Medicine; Pinnaclehlth Sys-Polyclinic, Family Medicine
Dr. Shobha S Rao MD's Practice location
Garland, TX 75042Get Direction
TEMPLE, TX 76508Get Direction
Dr. Shobha S Rao MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Women Get Jock Itch Too?
Jock itch is a fungal or yeast infection that affects mainly men. The fact that male sufferers vastly outnumber the female sufferers often causes people to believe that women cannot experience jock itch. However, medical professionals have learned that women are not immune to these microbes. The...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous lidocaine,...
- What is Medical Marijuana?
Medical marijuana refers to the legal use of marijuana for the treatment of several chronic and debilitating conditions. It is often recommended for symptoms including severe pain, nausea, and vomiting. Medical marijuana is used in the treatment of several diseases including multiple sclerosis,...
- How Does Coffee Affect Your Health?
Coffee is often a common remedy for hangovers, all-nighters, and drowsiness. Many people believe that coffee is does not benefit an individual's health, and one should avoid drinking it frequently. Yet, most studies reveal that the benefits outweigh the risks for individual's that consume coffee...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Mark Andrew Casanova M.D.3600 Gaston Ave Dallas TX 75246
- Dr. Amit Arvind Shah M.D.5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Robert L Fine M.D.3600 Gaston Ave Dallas TX 75246
- Dr. Michael M Bond DO6020 W Parker Rd Plano TX 75093
- Dr. Tamara Lynne Mcgregor MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Mary Elizabeth Paulk MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390