Dr. Gary Robert Botstein M.D.
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology2712 N Decatur Rd Decatur GA, 30033
Dr. Gary Botstein is a rheumatologist practicing in Decatur, GA. Dr. Botstein specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Botstein treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1975
Harvard Medical School 1975
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Med Univ Sc Med Ctr, Rheumatology; Beth Israel Deaconess Hp M C, Internal Medicine
- Trident Medical Center/Medical University of South Carolina Program
Dr. Gary Robert Botstein M.D.'s Practice location
Decatur, GA 30033Get Direction
Dr. Gary Robert Botstein M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Botstein
- Being Overweight Can Complicate Rheumatoid Arthritis
If you have rheumatoid arthritis, any excess weight is going to negatively affect you. Carrying that excess weight can stress your painful and fragile joints. However, research shows that the mechanical effects of weight are only part of the problem.Fat itself releases chemicals including tumor...
- What is Systemic Lupus Erythematosus?
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is a chronic autoimmune disease that affects several systems of our body. SLE is also known as discoid lupus or disseminated lupus erythematosus. How common is SLE? Out of all the types of lupus, SLE is the most common form. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is a very common...
- Can Scorpion Venom Really Reverse Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms?
The Indian red scorpion is one of the deadliest scorpions walking this earth. Without treatment, a sting from this animal can kill a human being within 3 days. However, while scorpion venom may sound frightening, a recent study shows that it may help to alleviate rheumatoid arthritis symptoms – at...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: What to Expect at a Visit with a Rheumatologist
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease in which the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks the joints. This situation creates inflammation that causes the tissue that lines the inside of joints (the synovium) to thicken, resulting in swelling and pain in and around the joints.Whenever...
- Minority Women at Higher Risk for Lupus than Others
Many fans were shocked when singer and actress Selena Gomez revealed to her followers that she has been battling lupus. When Gomez made that declaration, she no longer was just one of the millions of people who have the disorder but rather, she became a spokesperson and advocate for many who have...
- Chronic Lyme Disease
Spirochetal bacteria are relatively harmless within the first days of infection, at worst, it may present with flu-like symptoms – fatigue, headaches, etc. After several weeks, however, the bacteria spread all over the body, affecting crucial body organs and causing severe symptoms. It all starts...
- Dr. Ramanjaneyulu Dronavalli M.D.2138 Scenic Hwy N Snellville GA 30078
- Dr. Geetha Jonnala M.D1567 Janmar Road Snellville GA 30078
- Dr. Kelly O'harra Weselman MD4480 N Cooper Lake Rd Se Smyrna GA 30082
- Dr. Serene Annie Francis M D25 N Winfield Rd Winfield IL 60190
- Dr. Elizabeth Darsey Butler M.D.550 Peachtree St Ne Atlanta GA 30308
- Dr. Eun Chung D.O.1340 Broad Ave Gulfport MS 39501