Dr. Steven D Freedman M.D.
Gastroenterologist | GastroenterologyBeth Israel Hospital 330 Brookline Avenue Boston MA, 02215
Dr. Steven Freedman is a gastroenterologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Freedman specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Freedman performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med- Farmington Ct 1986
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- An enteral therapy containing medium-chain triglycerides and hydrolyzed peptides reduces postprandial pain associated with chronic pancreatitis.
- Increased prevalence of CFTR mutations and variants and decreased chloride secretion in primary sclerosing cholangitis.
- Laboratory tests for the diagnosis of cystic fibrosis.
- Survey of breast-feeding practices and outcomes in the cystic fibrosis population.
- Induction of colitis in cftr-/- mice results in bile duct injury.
- Oral docosahexaenoic acid given to pregnant mice increases the amount of surfactant in lung and amniotic fluid in preterm fetuses.
- Decreased expression of peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma in
- Analysis of cystic fibrosis gener product (CFTR) function in patients with pancreas divisum and recurrent acute pancreatitis.
- Interleukin 8 secretion from monocytes of subjects heterozygous for the deltaF508 cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene mutation is altered.
- Autoimmune pancreatitis.
- Lasting accelerative effects of 1 Hz and 20 Hz electrical stimulation on cortical spreading depression: relevance for clinical applications of brain stimulation.
- Transcranial direct current stimulation of the unaffected hemisphere in stroke patients.
- The cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene and ion channel function in patients with idiopathic pancreatitis.
- Treatment of chronic visceral pain with brain stimulation.
- Ethanol administration to cystic fibrosis knockout mice results in increased fatty acid ethyl ester production.
- 2010 Barger Mentoring Award
- Pancreatitis, Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hp M C, Gastroenterology; Beth Israel Deaconess Hp M C, Internal Medicine
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center 1986
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Gastroenterology, Boston, MA 1991
- Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, Fellow:Gastroenterology 1988
Dr. Steven D Freedman M.D.'s Practice location
Boston, MA 02215Get Direction
Dr. Steven D Freedman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Freedman
- How Does Carafate Help in Treating Stomach Ulcers?
Most people blame stomach ulcers on the stress of modern day life or unhealthy eating habits. But whatever may be the cause, stomach ulcers are common but painful medical conditions to deal with. Stomach ulcers can be seen as sores that are found in the lining of the stomach and in the small...
- What Is Cholera: Get the Facts
Cholera is a very dangerous disease, which is caused by the bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Someone infected with cholera experiences painless and watery diarrhea. Due to continuous diarrhea, one is likely to develop dehydration which can result in death. Many people who get cholera happen to...
- Growing Concerns with Gluten Lead to Surge in Gluten-Free Magazines
Multiple Health Issues Discourage Gluten in FoodsCeliac disease, a genetic problem that causes the immune system to attack the small intestine where gluten is ingested, is now estimated to affect 1 out of every 100 people worldwide. It can be tracked due to a DNA marker which indicates its presence....
- What to Expect After Recovery from an Appendectomy
Appendectomy is the term that is used in the medical field to refer to a surgical operation used to remove the appendix. The appendix is a small tube-shaped pouch that is attached to the large intestines. An appendectomy is an emergency operation that is conducted to treat the inflammation of the...
- What Is Dysentery?
What does dysentery mean?It has happened to all of us - short stabbing pains in the stomach followed by a dash to the closest toilet. Diarrhea is easy to get because there are many factors that can upset our bowel movement functioning. However, not every diarrhea should be regarded as dysentery....
- Is Appendicitis a Lifelong Condition?
What is appendicitis?Appendicitis is one of the most common causes of abdominal pain not only in the United States but in the whole world. It is said that in America alone, 5 percent of the population have experienced appendicitis at one point in their lives. In England, 1 in every 13 people had...
- Dr. Vijay Yajnik MD, PHD165 Cambridge Street Boston Massachusetts 02114
- Dr. Satya B Allaparthi MD41 MALL RD BURLINGTON MA 01805
- Dr. Kenneth Ronald Falchuk M.D.110 Francis St Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Adam S Cheifetz M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Francis A Farraye M.D.720 Harrison Ave Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Michael E. Glick MDLahey Clinic Burlington MA 01805