Dr. Douglas Kasteler is a family practitioner practicing in Bountiful, UT. Dr. Kasteler specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Kasteler possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Mechanical Engineering 1991
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Member American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member American Medical Association
- Member Utah Academy of Family Physicians
- Member Utah Medical Association
- Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Family Practice
- University Of Utah
- University of Utah Affiliated Hospitals 1991
- University of Utah Program
Dr. Douglas Spence Kasteler MD's Practice location
Bountiful, UT 84010Get Direction
Dr. Douglas Spence Kasteler MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kasteler
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs for Crohn's
Pain management can be considered a treatment plan that the patient and doctor can design together. The effective way of controlling pain can be through taking the drugs for Crohn’s disease as per the doctor’s prescription. The treatment plan may involve various medicines to reduce the pain...
- How to Get Rid of a Boil: Homeopathic Treatment and Prevention
IntroductionA small bump on any part of the body is always a troublesome affair. Has anyone wondered whether it is just a boil or a pimple? Although the two often look so similar, they are actually two different things. A pimple and a boil may start out similarly, wherein there would be a reddish...
- What Is Chronic Sinusitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
IntroductionChronic sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinuses that tend to persist for 12 weeks or more, despite treatment attempts. Another term for chronic sinusitis is chronic rhinosinusitis, which causes mucus buildup due to an impaired drainage of the sinuses. People with chronic sinusitis...
- What Are Pinworms? Treatment and Home Remedies for Pinworms
A pinworm infection is a parasitic infection of the intestines, mostly affecting children. Pinworms can cause great discomfort in children since the infection comes with itching and irritation in the perianal region. This parasitic infection can spread from one child to another. Even adolescents...
- Preventing Dehydration
Dehydration results when you lose water in your body. The rule of thumb is, if you’re thirsty, you’re already dehydrated. Keep well hydrated by drinking plenty of water, even before you begin your outdoor activity,” said Dr. Irvin Sulapas, a primary care sports medicine physician and assistant...
- A Guide to Recognizing the Early Signs of Shingles
Shingles, also known as herpes zoster, is a disease that occurs due to the reappearance of the varicella-zoster virus, which is the causative agent of chickenpox. Shingles usually starts with a skin rash. These skin rashes occur either in the form of a band or a strip covering a small area on your...
- Dr. Max Gorishek Morgan MD230 N Hospital Dr Price UT 84501
- Dr. Paula L Haberman MD5872 S 900 E Salt Lake City UT 84121
- Dr. Stephen James Bruce MD5740 Crestwood Dr Ogden UT 84405
- Dr. Douglas R Newbold MD3845 W 4700 S Salt Lake City UT 84118
- Dr. Mark S Jorgensen MD1477 N 2000 W Clearfield UT 84015
- Dr. Scott Russell Bishop M.D.7321 11th St Hill Afb UT 84056