Dr. Jose Antonio Quiros M.D
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC, 29425
Dr. Jose Quiros is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Quiros specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
Education and Training
Univesidad Autonoma 1993
Central America Health Sciences University Belize Medical College 1993
University of Central Florida College of Medicine 1994
- Propylthiouracil-associated liver failure presenting as probable autoimmune hepatitis in a child with Graves' disease.
- Age of diagnosis influences serologic responses in children with Crohn's disease: a possible clue to etiology?
- Esophageal stents for severe strictures in young children: experience, benefits, and risk.
- Increased number of regulatory T cells in children with eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Diagnosis of autoimmune pancreatitis vs neoplasms in children with pancreatic mass and biliary obstruction.
- Esophageal tracheobronchial remnant, endoscopic ultrasound diagnosis, and surgical management.
- High- and low-dose oral delayed-release mesalamine in children with mild-to-moderately active ulcerative colitis.
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Biliary Atresia
- Case Western Reserve University (MetroHealth) Program
Dr. Jose Antonio Quiros M.D's Practice location
Sacramento, CA 95817Get Direction
Dr. Jose Antonio Quiros M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Quiros
- Treatments for Jaundice
Treatments are only necessary when the patient has extremely high levels of bilirubin in the blood. Most babies suffering from jaundice don’t require treatments because their blood’s bilirubin levels are often low. Under such conditions, the symptoms often improve with a period of two weeks and...
- Is Your Poop Healthy?
Have you ever given a glance at your poop before flushing it? Probably, not! We mostly do it every day, but never realize that the look and color of our poop can indicate a lot of things about our health. Yes! Our pooping habits can tell a lot about whether we are leading a healthy lifestyle or not....
- Gluten-Free Food Bank Helps Families in Need in Massachusetts
Celiac disease is a chronic condition caused in the digestive tract, it has an immunological origin characterized by a permanent intolerance to a protein called gluten which is present in cereals (wheat, oats, barley or rye). When the patient ingests foods containing gluten, the lining of the small...
- Celiac Disease Patients No Longer Considered High-Risk for Cancer
How celiac disease can affect the bodyThere have been numerous studies that were conducted to show the effects that celiac disease might or might not have in relation to the body. This particular one has looked into patients for a span of ten years, measuring how different conditions developed...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Two Sisters Create a Resourceful Gluten-Free Website
Diagnosed at 3 years old with celiac disease, Sara Kronenberg and her family had to make some big changes to their diets and embrace a gluten-free lifestyle. Thanks to her mother’s support and research that she did about living gluten-free, Sara and her older sister Emma became experts at...
- Dr. Sudipta Misra MD2160 Herbert Court Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Christine Anne Carter-kent M.D.171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. R. bhanu Vikraman Pillai M.D171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Johanna Gudrun Palmadottir MD336 Tunxis Rd West Hartford CT 06107
- Dr. Richard Quan M.D.171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425