Dr. Mary Iacocca is a pathologist practicing in Newark, DE. Dr. Iacocca is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Iacocca can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Iacocca may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1990
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1990
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Cytopathology
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- 1995
- Immunohistochemical analyses of focal adhesion kinase expression in benign and malignant human breast and colon tissues: correlation with preinvasive and invasive phenotypes.
- Bilateral infiltrating lobular carcinoma of the breast with osteoclast-like giant cells.
- Ruptured extratesticular epidermal inclusion cyst mimicking polyorchidism with torsion on sonography.
- Clinical/Translation Research Award, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer C 1997
- Member New Castle County Medical Society
- Member Delaware Medical Society
- Member American Society of Cytology
- Member American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- Member College of American Pathologists
- Univ Of Nc Hosps, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Internal Medicine
- UNC Hospitals
- University of North Carolina 1995
- University of North Carolina Hospitals
- University of North Carolina, Cytopathology, NC, U.S. 1997
Dr. Mary Virginia Iacocca MD's Practice location
Dr. Mary Virginia Iacocca MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Dr. Robert N Arm DMD501 W 14th St Rm 2234 Wilmington DE 19801
- Dr. Robert Bradley Slease MD4701 Ogletown Stanton Rd Newark DE 19713
- Dr. Scott William Hall MD4701 Ogletown Stanton Rd Newark DE 19713
- Dr. Frank V Beardell MD4701 Ogletown Stanton Rd Newark DE 19713
- Dr. Tsailing Wang MD1068 Baltimore Pike Media PA 19063
- Dr. Mehmet I. Goral M.D.701 E Marshall St West Chester PA 19380