Dr. Michael John Bates MD
Cardiothoracic Surgeon1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA, 70121
Dr. Michael Bates is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Bates specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Bates typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Eastern Virginia Medical School 2000
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
Dr. Michael John Bates MD's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
GREENVILLE, NC 27834Get Direction
Dr. Michael John Bates MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bates
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Alternative Remedies to Treat Cardiovascular Diseases
Herbal Treatment of the heart has been used by mankind for centuries and has shown an excellent effect. Especially effective was the use of medicinal plants in the case of chronic diseases, such as atherosclerosis and hypertension, where treatment involves a particular duration and a comprehensive...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Dr. Michael Herbert Hines MD1514 JEFFERSON HWY NEW ORLEANS LA 70121
- Dr. Charles Tilden Everson MD1111 Medical Center Blvd Marrero LA 70072
- Dr. Aditya Bansal MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Scott Christopher Bellot MD3525 Prytania St New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. William H. Risher M.D.433 BOLIVAR ST NEW ORLEANS LA 70112
- Dr. Umraan Saeed Ahmad MD1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121