Mohammed Mahmoud Milhem MBBS
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Mohammed Milhem is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Milhem specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
University of Jordan Faculty of Medicine 1995
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Cytotoxicity evaluation of dental resin composites and their flowable derivatives.
- Correlation of MTDH/AEG-1 and HOTAIR Expression with Metastasis and Response to Treatment in Sarcoma Patients.
- Epigenetic silencing of the human NOS2 gene: rethinking the role of nitric oxide in human macrophage inflammatory responses.
- Plasma angiopoietin 2 concentrations are related to impaired lung function and organ failure in a clinical cohort receiving high-dose interleukin 2 therapy.
- Intralesional Methotrexate for Treatment of Invasive Squamous Cell Carcinomas in a Patient Taking Vemurafenib for Treatment of Metastatic Melanoma.
- Aberrant CpG methylation of the TFAP2A gene constitutes a mechanism for loss of TFAP2A expression in human metastatic melanoma.
- PDR001 Plus LAG525 for Patients With Advanced Solid and Hematologic Malignancies
- Safety and Efficacy of IMCgp100 Versus Investigator Choice in Advanced Uveal Melanoma
- HuMax-AXL-ADC Safety Study in Patients With Solid Tumors
- A Phase 2 Trial of High-Dose Ascorbate in Glioblastoma Multiforme
- Pazopanib as Front-Line Therapy in Patients With Non-Resectable or Metastatic Soft Tissue Sarcomas Who Are Not Candidates for Chemotherapy
- Immunotherapy Study for Patients With Stage IV Melanoma
- Study of IDO Inhibitor and Temozolomide for Adult Patients With Primary Malignant Brain Tumors
- PROCLAIM Registry to Evaluate the Treatment Patterns and Clinical Response in Malignancy
- Skin Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Bone Cancer
- Univ. of IL-Hematology/Oncology, Chicago, IL 2003
- Univ. of IL-Bone Marrow Transplant, Chicago, IL 2004
- Hematology-Oncology, University of Illinois Hospital and Clinics, Chicago, IL
Mohammed Mahmoud Milhem MBBS's Practice location
Mohammed Mahmoud Milhem MBBS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Milhem
- Living with Lymphoma Day by Day
A majority of individuals diagnosed with lymphoma find that they have to make a great deal of adjustments to their lives. There are several physical, emotional, social, and everyday obstacles from diagnosis to remission.Living with lymphoma can be different for every individual, which is why it is...
- A Triathlon for Bloodwise
Where would anyone be without friends? There have been many experiences where friends have been a bit of light in the dark. When 30-year-old Alexandra “Pixie” Flather from a town near Aylsham, England found out that her best friend was diagnosed with Leukemia, she decided to take action. At the...
- Treatment Update for Hodgkin Lymphoma
Over time, research has uncovered ways of treating Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) to produce an 80% to 90% cure rate. For the remaining 10% to 20% who are either resistant to the primary treatment or have relapsed, their cancer can still be fatal.The standard care for those not yet cured has been a two-step...
- Tips on How to Live with Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma, a type of cancer, adversely affects plasma cells, which are your immune system’s components. The American Cancer Society indicates that in 2014, more than 24,000 people in the United States had multiple myeloma.Multiple myeloma patients can lose their appetite due to the adverse...
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- Roles of the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) is a nonprofit, cancer advocacy organization that is located just outside of Washington D.C. To date, it is the oldest survivor-led cancer advocacy organization in the United States.The NCCS represents millions of Americans who share a common...
- Dr. Nelson Shu-sang Yee MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Brian K Link MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Ahmad M Wehbe M.D200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Lori J Rosenstein M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Scott Douglas mccoskey Miller MD613 E Bloomington St Iowa City IA 52245
- Dr. Susan L Roeder DO200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242