Dr. Grant Hawkins is an internist practicing in Sandy, UT. Dr. Hawkins specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Hawkins provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1979
University of Utah School of Medicine 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Activity of lipoprotein lipase in adipose tissues from steers.
- Growth and morphology of Streptococcus bovis and of mixed rumen bacteria in the presence of aflatoxin B1, in vitro.
- Toward a model-based cognitive neuroscience of mind wandering.
- Physiological effects of whole cottonseed in the diet of lactating dairy cows.
- Utilization of the nucleic acids of Escherichia coli and rumen bacteria by sheep.
- Effect of glucose and insulin on lipoprotein lipase activity in adipose tissue and milk.
- Changes in plasma free fatty acids and triglycerides in dairy cattle after dosing with coffee or caffeine.
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Vascular Disease
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Internal Medicine
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Grant E Hawkins MD's Practice location
Sandy, UT 84094Get Direction
Dr. Grant E Hawkins MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hawkins
- Pleurisy vs. Bronchitis: Differences and Similarities
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is a condition, in which the lining that surrounds the lungs and the interior of the chest cavity is inflamed. Due to the inflammation of the pleura, this condition is also called as pleuritis. The pleural space is the space between the lungs and the chest cavity wall....
- Laryngitis: What Is Croup?
What is laryngitis?Laryngitis is the swelling of your voice box. It is often caused by an infection, mostly by a virus. The voice box is also known as the larynx. It links the back of your throat to the windpipe. The vocal cord and larynx are part and parcel and are required for speech. Laryngitis...
- Lifting Weights Helps the Elderly to Maintain Muscle Mass
According to a recent study, people who are above 60-years-old should exercise more than younger adults to maintain healthy muscle mass. Lifting weights will help them to maintain the mass and size of muscles, reports the study. Study co-researcher and physiologist Marcas Bamman, PhD, of the...
- What's the Difference Between Salt and Sodium?
IntroductionWhen people say salt, they usually mean the common table salt. Salt is a mineral that is mainly composed of sodium chloride (NaCl). To distinguish table salt from a class of chemical compounds called salts, the terms rock salt or the mineral name halite is used. Sodium is also...
- Walk Your Way to a Healthy Life
Walking is one of the simplest forms of exercise and does not require any equipment, other than a pair of good shoes.Julia Valentour, MS, exercise physiologist and program coordinator for the American Council on Exercise, suggests that exercise doesn't have to be hard to be very effective. If a...
- How Does the Body Turn Carbohydrates into Glucose?
What are Carbohydrates?The body converts the food we eat into energy. Even though we obtain calories and energy from different food sources, such as carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, our main source of energy is still from carbohydrates. The body converts these carbs into glucose, which is the main...
- Dr. Mehrnoosh Shakeri MD, MPH7495 South State Street Midvale Utah 84047
- Dr. Michelle H Gilbert MD3460 Pioneer Pkwy Salt Lake City UT 84120
- Dr. Daniel Walter Yarrish M.D.1160 E 3900 S #1000 Salt Lake City UT 84124
- Dr. Rachel Mitchell M.D.333 S 900 E Salt Lake City UT 84102
- Dr. Stephen S Aslami M.D.1160 East 3900 South Salt Lake City UT 84124
- Dr. Kent G Marshall MD700 W 800 N Orem UT 84057