Dr. Chakravarthi Raghavan Ramaswamy M.D.
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology745 W State St #520 Columbus OH, 43222
Dr. Chakravarthi Ramaswamy is a nephrologist practicing in Columbus, OH. Dr. Ramaswamy specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Ramaswamy most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Kilpauk Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India 1984
Kilpauk Medical College, University of Madras, Madras, Tamil Nadu India (Goa) India 1984
Kilpauk University of Chennai 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, Nephrology; Long Island Coll Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Long Island College Hospital 1984
- University of Wales College of Med
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn/Long Island College Hospital Program
Dr. Chakravarthi Raghavan Ramaswamy M.D.'s Practice location
Columbus, OH 43222Get Direction
GROVE CITY, OH 43123Get Direction
Dr. Chakravarthi Raghavan Ramaswamy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ramaswamy
Oliguria is a medical term used when referring to a decreased urine output. Oliguria is considered when a person’s urine output is less than 400 mL in a 24-hour period. When it comes to infants, oliguria occurs when the urine output is less than 0.5 mL/kg/hr for 24 hours. Anuria is the absence...
- Why do Kidney Stones Form in Different Sizes?
What are Kidney Stones?Kidney stones are concentrated minerals and acid salts which accumulate in the kidney or the urinary system as crystal structures or stones. They occur when our body lacks fluids required to dissolve minerals and salts present in the urine. Initially the stones will be small...
- Does Acute Renal Failure Cause Death?
Our body machinery comprises of various parts and components all together, embedded to function as a whole unit to support life. Each component that forms a part of the body machine has a specific contribution and any malfunction in any of the components can have adverse effects on the entire body....
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- What is Lupus?
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disease that attacks the body’s healthy cells, tissues, and organs. The inflammation can damage the skin, joints, kidneys, lungs, heart, brain, and blood vessels.Normally, the body’s immune system produces antibodies. These antibodies protect and fight...
- What Could Dysuria Be Telling You?
What is dysuria?Dysuria is the medical term for painful urination or a burning sensation, discomfort, or difficulty when passing urine. In most cases, dysuria is a symptom of another medical condition. Males and females of any age can experience dysuria. However, this symptom is more common in...
- Dr. Lawand Saadulla M.D.4626 NADINE PARK DRIVE HILLIARD OH 43026
- Dr. Rosemarie Shim MD985 W 3rd Ave Columbus OH 43212
- Dr. Rajagopalan Venkataraman M.D.5775 N MEADOWS DR STE D GROVE CITY OH 43123
- Dr. Udayan Yogendra Bhatt MD3900 STONERIDGE LN DUBLIN OH 43017
- Dr. Christopher W Valentine M.D.929 JASONWAY AVE COLUMBUS OH 43214
- Dr. Mikhail Novikov M.D.285 E State St Columbus OH 43215