Dr. Sean P. David M.D.
Family Practitioner300 Pasteur Dr Stanford Family Medi Stanford CA, 94305
Dr. Sean David is a family practitioner practicing in Stanford, CA. Dr. David specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. David possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Wa Sch of Med, Seattle Wa 1995
University of Washington School of Medicine WA 1995
University of Washington School of Medicine 1995
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- No association between functional catechol O-methyl transferase 1947A>G polymorphism and smoking initiation, persistent smoking or smoking cessation.
- Should we use multiple risk factor interventions for the primary prevention of coronary heart disease?
- Should we prescribe antibiotics for acute conjunctivitis?
- Are family physicians willing to use pharmacogenetics for smoking cessation therapy?
- Should we offer routine breast cancer screening with mammography?
- Does the DRD2-Taq1 A polymorphism influence treatment response to bupropion hydrochloride for reduction of the nicotine withdrawal syndrome?
- A functional genetic variation of the serotonin (5-HT) transporter affects 5-HT1A receptor binding in humans.
- Fellowship training in family medicine at Brown: adding depth to breadth.
- The serotonin transporter 5-HTTLPR polymorphism and treatment response to nicotine patch: follow-up of a randomized controlled trial.
- Association of COMT Val108/158Met genotype with smoking cessation in a nicotine replacement therapy randomized trial.
- Chronic cigarette smoking and the microstructural integrity of white matter in
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of genetic testing of the DRD2 Taq1A polymorphism
- Smoking cessation in primary care.
- Molecular genetics of successful smoking cessation: convergent genome-wide association study results.
- Mary Hitchcock Mem Hosp, Family Medicine; Concord Hospital, Family Medicine
- Dartmouth University 1998
- TRENDS IN COGNITIVE SCIENCESPublication and other reporting biases in cognitive sciences: detection, prevalence, and prevention2014
- JAMA : the jourl of the American Medical AssociationClinical interpretation and implications of whole-genome sequencing.2014
- Clinical pharmacology and therapeuticsAssociation of CHR5-A30
- Nicotine & tobacco research : official jourl of the Society for ResearThe Effects of Nicotine Deprivation0
- BMJ openSystematic review and meta-alysis of opioid antagonists for smoking cessation.2014
- PREVENTIVE MEDICINETobacco dependence treatment teaching by medical school clerkship preceptors2013
- Clinical pharmacology & therapeuticsBiomarkers for smoking cessation.2013
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHPharmacogenetic Smoking Cessation Intervention in a Health Care Setting: A Pilot Feasibility Study2013
- PloS onePotential reporting bias in FMRI studies of the brain.2013
- Human Brain MappingEvidence of reporting biases in voxel-based morphometry0
- PHARMACOGENETICS AND GENOMICSPharmGKB summary: very important pharmacogene information for cytochrome P-450, family 22012
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGYSmoking and Genetic Risk Variation Across Populations of European, Asian2012
- TRANSLATIOL PSYCHIATRYGenome-wide meta-alyses of smoking behaviors in African Americans2012
- PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH-NEUROIMAGINGThe neuroeconomics of nicotine dependence2012
- ANLS OF BEHAVIORAL MEDICINERelationship Between Amounts of Daily Cigarette Consumption2012
- PLOS GENETICSPhased Whole-Genome Genetic Risk in a Family Quartet Using a Major Allele Reference Sequence2011
- ADDICTIONAssociations of CYP2A6 genotype with smoking behaviors in southern Chi2011
- PHARMACOGENOMICSGenome-wide association for smoking cessation success2010
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHSex differences in TTC122010
- DRUG AND ALCOHOL DEPENDENCEGenetic variation in the serotonin pathway and smoking cessation with nicotine replacement therapy2008
- PHARMACOGENOMICSGenetic variation in the dopamine pathway and smoking cessation2008
- ARCHIVES OF GENERAL PSYCHIATRYMolecular genetics of successful smoking cessation - Convergent genome2008
- BRITISH MEDICAL JOURLSmoking cessation in primary care2008
- PHARMACOGENOMICS JOURLGenetic variation in the dopamine D4 receptor (DRD4) gene and smoking cessation2008
- BMJ (Clinical research ed.)Smoking cessation.2008
- Contemporary clinical trialsTeaching tobacco dependence treatment and counseling skills during medical school2014
- ADDICTIONCommentary on Chen et al. (2014)2014
- AddictionInfluence of a dopamine pathway additive genetic efficacy score on smoking cessation2013
- JOURL OF THE AMERICAN BOARD OF FAMILY MEDICINECommunities of Solution: Partnerships for Population Health2013
- Mallick, A., Bergen, A., Nishita, D., Wei, X., Michel, M., David, S. PCHRONIC STRESS & SALIVARY BIOMARKERS2013
- JOURL OF HUMAN HYPERTENSIONAssociation between daily cigarette consumption2013
- Menopause (New York, N.Y.)No association between germline variation in catechol-O-methyltransferase0
- American family physicianImproving America's health requires community-level solutions: Folsom revisited.0
- PSYCHONEUROENDOCRINOLOGYChronic psychosocial stressors and salivary biomarkers in emerging adults2012
- ANLS OF FAMILY MEDICINECommunities of Solution: The Folsom Report Revisited2012
- PHARMACOGENOMICS JOURLDopamine D4 receptor gene variation moderates the efficacy of bupropion for smoking cessation2012
- DRUG AND ALCOHOL DEPENDENCEAssociation between CHR5 genetic variation at rs169699682012
- EUROPEAN JOURL OF ENDOCRINOLOGYInteraction between heavy smoking and CYP2A6 genotypes on type 2 diabetes and its possible pathways2011
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHPharmacogenetics of Smoking Cessation in General Practice2011
- PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH-NEUROIMAGINGEffects of nicotine withdrawal on verbal working memory and associated brain response2010
- In: Brain Imaging in Behavioral Medicine and Neuropsychology. Edited bApplication of Functiol Neuroimaging Methods to Nicotine Dependence.0
- Clin Pharmacol Ther.Dopamine Transporters: Chemistry, Biology, and Pharmacology.2009
- Am J Lifestyle Med.Lifestyle Medicine by Gary Egger, Andrew Binns, and Stephen Rossner.2009
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHAssociation of the DRD2 gene Taq1A polymorphism and smoking behavior: A meta-alysis and new data2009
- Praxis[Smoking cessation].2008
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHA cost-effectiveness alysis of genetic testing of the DRD2 Taq1A polymorphism to aid treatment2008
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHChronic cigarette smoking and the microstructural integrity of white matter in healthy adults2008
- AMERICAN JOURL OF PUBLIC HEALTHSuccessful Latino community partnership program for smoking cessation2007
- CANCER EPIDEMIOLOGY BIOMARKERS & PREVENTIONAssociation of COMT Val(1082007
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHThe serotonin transporter 5-HTTLPR polymorphism and treatment response to nicotine patch2007
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHPharmacogenetic clinical trial of sustained-release bupropion for smoking cessation2007
- Brain imaging and behaviorEffects of Acute Nicotine Abstinence on Cue-elicited Ventral Striatum2007
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHBupropion efficacy for smoking cessation is influenced by the DRD2 Taq1A polymorphism2007
- Medicine and health, Rhode IslandBuilding a successful research enterprise in family medicine: the Brown experience.2006
- Medicine and health, Rhode IslandFellowship training in family medicine at Brown: adding depth to breadth.2006
- Doctoral thesis: University of Oxford, Bodleian Library, Oxford, UK.Studies of Genetic Influences on Nicotine Dependence Utilising Functiol Neuroimaging.0
- COCHRANE DATABASE OF SYSTEMATIC REVIEWSOpioid antagonists for smoking cessation0
- Chapter 21 in: Pharmacogenomics and Proteomics: Ebling the Practice ofThe Pharmacogenetics of Nicotine Addiction and Smoking Cessation.2006
- BIOLOGICAL PSYCHIATRYVentral striatum/nucleus accumbens activation to smoking2005
- JOURL OF NEUROSCIENCEA functiol genetic variation of the serotonin2005
- Medicine and health, Rhode IslandEnvisaging and applying a unifying three-dimensiol theoretical framework for generalist physicians.2004
- GENETICS IN MEDICINEDoes providing hereditary breast cancer risk assessment support to practicing physicians decrease2004
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHInvestigating subgroups in smoking cessation treatment response: Response to Perkins2004
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHAre there sex differences in transdermal nicotine replacement therapy patch efficacy? A meta-alysis2004
- PRIMARY CAREPharmacogenetics2004
- ABSAMEEvaluation of an educatiol intervention for medical students to promote competency in social2004
- Nicotine Tob ResInvestigating subgroups in smoking cessation treatment response: Response to Perkins.2004
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHDoes the DRD2-Taq1 A polymorphism influence treatment response to bupropion hydrochloride for2003
- AMERICAN FAMILY PHYSICIANShould we offer routine breast cancer screening with mammography?2003
- FAMILY MEDICINEGenetic susceptibility to breast cancer: Teaching points2003
- NICOTINE & TOBACCO RESEARCHComment on The public health implications of smoking-induced decreased serum2003
- FAMILY MEDICINEAre family physicians willing to use pharmacogenetics for smoking cessation therapy?2003
- American family physicianShould we prescribe antibiotics for acute conjunctivitis?2002
- AMERICAN FAMILY PHYSICIANShould we use multiple risk factor interventions for the primary prevention of corory heart dise2002
- PHARMACOGENETICSNo association between functiol catechol O-methyl transferase 1947A > G polymorphism2002
- AMERICAN FAMILY PHYSICIANShould we recommend nicotine replacement therapy?2001
- FAMILY PRACTICEA civic role for physicians in the promotion of global tobacco control2001
- ANLS OF INTERL MEDICINESocial marketing: Application to medical education2001
- Cochrane database of systematic reviewsOpioid antagonists for smoking cessation.2001
- Prim Care Rep.Smoking cessation for the primary care physician.2001
- FAMILY MEDICINEMedia advocacy for the office-based teacher of family medicine2001
- JOURL OF PUBLIC HEALTH POLICYIntertiol tobacco control: A focus group study of US anti-tobacco activists2001
- FAMILY MEDICINEReflections from a rotation in Cambridge, England2000
- Jourl of cancer educationThe Transatlantic Conference on Tobacco (TACT): a model for intertiol tobacco policy activism.1998
Dr. Sean P. David M.D.'s Practice location
Stanford, CA 94305Get Direction
Pawtucket, RI 02860Get Direction
SKOKIE, IL 60077Get Direction
Dr. Sean P. David M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. David
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Holistic Treatments for Arthritis
Arthritis is a painful, progressive disease that affects the joints of an individual. There are many treatments available for arthritis. Each and every one of them works differently, depending on the stage of arthritis at which they are implemented. As we already know, if not treated, arthritis can...
- 512 Pill Used for the Treatment of Chronic Pain
IntroductionThe 512 pill is a white-colored round pill with an imprint of "512". It is known to contain the active ingredients acetaminophen with the strength of 325 mg and oxycodone with the strength of 5 mg. This medicine is supplied by the company known as Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals.The 512...
- Do I Need to Change My Lifestyle Habits if I Have Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism is a disease that affects the metabolic rate and energy levels of the body. It is characterized by a defect in the thyroid gland that reduces the production of thyroid hormones, the hormones responsible for regulating the metabolism of the body. Hypothyroidism is characterized by...
- How to Gain Weight in a Healthy Way?
One of the biggest myths that have been going on for quite a while in the area of weight management is that gaining weight is easier than losing weight.However, in reality, it can actually be extremely tough to gain weight just like losing weight. In most cases, people who want to gain weight end...
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- Sean Shahriar Parsa300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305
- Dr. Joanabel Sta Maria Cepe M.D.200 Jose Figueres Ave San Jose CA 95116
- Dr. Peter Watson Brown M.D.747 Altos Oaks Dr Los Altos CA 94024
- Dr. Vilasni M Ganesh MD555 KNOWLES DR LOS GATOS CA 95032
- Dr. Deepa Ramachandran MD15195 National Ave Los Gatos CA 95032
- Dr. Antonina Bondyasheva M.D.3553 WHIPPLE RD UNION CITY CA 94587