Dr. Jamie Philpott is a speech language pathologist practicing in RAVENA, NY. Dr. Philpott specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Philpott evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Philpott helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Jamie L Philpott's Practice location
RAVENA, NY 12143Get Direction
Jamie L Philpott's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Learn the Signs of Autism
As a parent, it is very critical that you check the heath status of your child regularly. Autism in children can be detected as early as 18 months old. However, the condition can still be treated if discovered later in life. Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) have unique characteristics...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Jessica B Kurimsky MA CCC-SLP2 KROSS KEYS DR ALBANY NY 12205
- Jenna Lamb43 NEW SCOTLAND AVE ALBANY NY 12208
- Diance T Knupp CCC,SPL180 WASHINGTON AVENUE EXT ALBANY NY 12203
- Martyna Brooks1 RAPP RD ALBANY NY 12203
- Georgette Berlin CCC-SLP2541 SLEEPY HOLLOW RD ATHENS NY 12015
- Mrs. Lisa Marie Kerrigan M.S., CCC-SLP54 TOWER ROAD EXTENSION NEW BALTIMORE NY 12124